Work Parties :)

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The snow is gone, the mud is drying up and it is now time to finish up loose ends at the Boulder Cabin.
We have numerous jobs to finish up and are planning work parties for the following dates:
Sunday, August 14, 21, & 28. If enough workers available we may also have work parties on

Saturday August 20 & 27.

If you are able to participate in one or more of the above workparties, Greg would appreciate if you could contact him prior to the workparty. The jobs that get done each day could depend on number of volunteers, as some tasks will require more workers and some tasks can be done with only a couple.
You can contact Greg at 250-837-6738 ( day), or 250-837-9479 ( evening) or 250-837-1651 ( cell)

I will have updated information as to times, and if we have any volunteers each day. Just note you will need to have a quad for transportation.

Hope you can make it.

Greg

I hope everyone can make one of these dates also, be good to see everyone without their snow gear on, Kathy.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
If anyone is interested we are meeting 8 a.m. front Boulder lot on Sun. morning. You`ll need a quad or bike to get to the site. We are doing some staining and waterproofing the floors.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
fire wood work party

boulder mountain cabin

sunday, august 28

boulder parking lot, 8 a.m.
we need more help in getting firewood stocked in the basement of the cabin for this winter. A couple of large powersaws, bring a lunch and water. For all of you who use the cabin throughout the winter and if you have friends that sled/ski, take this message to them as well.

quads are helpful in getting to the cabin if you have access to one, otherwise it is about a 2 mile hike to the site.

if we have enough help this should not take too long.

more info on what to bring, give greg a call (250 837-6738)

Shankster

Reaction score
Sorry I missed this read. If you have unfinished work because of lack of help I would like to lend some assitance, and just looking for a get away! Let me know!!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
IMG_1883.jpg IMG_1888.jpg IMG_1890.jpg IMG_1891.jpg IMG_1895.jpg IMG_1896.jpg IMG_1899.jpg IMG_1903.jpg

Well we sure put a dent in the pile, big thanks to Raven Luanatic and Sled Shed Al for comming up to help the 3 old guys and one good woman.:)
Some of our seed we planted 2 wks. ago is growing, bought thicker hooks (these ones won`t be comming off), brought in a huge pile of wood, replaced a damaged section of the stove pipe and treated the stove (was starting to rust with all the moisture dripping onto it. We also got the diesel gen. up and running.

Thanks Shankster, we are finished up Boulder now but need to do a stint up Frisby in about 2 wks. will let you know when.

Last edited:

Manatee

Reaction score
Great Work you folks.
Everything looks awesome. I wish I lived closer so that I could come up and lend a hand. I will be there this winter though enjoying all of your hard work.
Thanks for all you do out there. You sure make it a treat to come to Revy and ride.
Can't wait for the snow to fall. As nice as these pics of the cabin are, I like it way better when you can't see the steps going into it.

Thanks again.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great work guys same.
Wish I was closer. Looking forward to seeing the wotk in person and enjoying the snow.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
we need fire wood for the frisby cabin. Dave adshead has volunteered to be the faller but will need help getting the wood to the cabin. This work party would be for sunday, sept. 25.

if you can make it give greg at rough country a call or call or email ron.

quads are a plus in getting there and the clubs 6 x 6 is available to haul the wood to the cabin.

snow will be here soon and that cabin has no firewood left over from last year.

Greg 250-837-6738

Ron laroy@telus.net

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
If we don`t get any response by Fri. the faller needs to be notified and we won`t be going up. We need at least 6 people to volunteer this Sun. to make wood for Frisby happen!!!!!!!!!!

skierh2o

Reaction score
Thanks for ALL the hard work everyone!
We make it out a few times each winter and can't say enough about the facilities and trail conditions you provide!
We can't offer too much time, but do our best with $ for you and the community!

A++ Job

Thanks
Ryan

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome job guys and gals. It'd be nice to see more faces in the picture under 30 though. We have the same problem here. Volunteers seem to average about 35-50 years old. Need some of the younger folks to start stepping up.

Top Bottom