Winter rated all seasons

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops the tire wrestler I talked to messed up. 1350. Oh well. Free rotations and at repair for the life of the tire is worth something too.

The ford dealer I bought from - 1800. So much for giving the love to returning customers.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers see dollar signs when a customer returns for parts and accessories.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops the tire wrestler I talked to messed up. 1350. Oh well. Free rotations and at repair for the life of the tire is worth something too.

The ford dealer I bought from - 1800. So much for giving the love to returning customers.
I was going to say $1k installed for 18" duratracs sounded like an awesome price.

Dealers see dollar signs when a customer returns for parts and accessories.
Yup just like powersports dealers. Make more money on the parts and service than the original sale.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I wish it was 1k. I was frantically calling backing back to order but the young guy I was talking to was looking at the wrong tire.

Yea I've been back to the dealer a couple times looking for parts. True they might make more in parts than the truck - provided there are no alternatives. They don't even try it's pretty sad.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either BFG All Terrain or Goodyear Silent Armour. Both are very good all weather tires.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either BFG All Terrain or Goodyear Silent Armour. Both are very good all weather tires.

I've run General Grabbers AT2 on two of my trucks over the last couple years ...... and I love them !!! Very simular tread to BFG all-terrains. They wear good too I try to rotate them ever 7500-10000 kms. I will buy them again. Decent price and good traction.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those grabbers don't look like they have sipes like the duratracs? Also looking for a tire for this winter mainly for icy highways but need to run all year

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bough some centenial trail hog tires almost identical to the duratrac they have the snow flake as well can be studded ... I guess they are a newer company and I have a buddy who gave me a wicked price so thought I would try them out

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother had those duratracks on his ford 3500 , they weren't that amazing on glare ice, but boy would they ever chew through deep snow. On my 3500 I run the Michilon mud and snows, there the exact opposite of the duratrack, good on glare ice, but don't look near as nice on the truck lol. They defiantly look like a " old man tire"

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I've heard that Canadian Tire is now selling the Duratracs.
Do not know for sure but worth the phone call.
They usually have good pricing.

Checked there website after posting and yes, they list Duratracs, also with a mail in rebate offer.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Canadian Tire is now selling the Duratracs.
Do not know for sure but worth the phone call.
They usually have good pricing.

Checked there website after posting and yes, they list Duratracs, also with a mail in rebate offer.
I think the ones they have are a good year that's close , still snow flake ect.

But not the same tire one bit

Just like the Hankook tires they sell, not even close to the same tire as what say a tirecraft would sell... 80000 km tire to a 80000 km tire

Crappy tires 80000 km tire is the price of the 60000 km tire, doesn't grip and has lots of noise

And u think they have warranty , well there's lots of ways to get out of it

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Those grabbers don't look like they have sipes like the duratracs? Also looking for a tire for this winter mainly for icy highways but need to run all year

The generals are the best I have ever had on ice and I was running a 2wd.

Had good year, bf Goodrich, and continentals. All were ok but found the generals were far better on handling hard back and icy roads...likes them more than my studded I had on the gm to be honest

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the ones they have are a good year that's close , still snow flake ect.

But not the same tire one bit

Just like the Hankook tires they sell, not even close to the same tire as what say a tirecraft would sell... 80000 km tire to a 80000 km tire

Crappy tires 80000 km tire is the price of the 60000 km tire, doesn't grip and has lots of noise

And u think they have warranty , well there's lots of ways to get out of it

Can Tire has them where I am at in a 275/65r18. Their all in price was $1187 for the Duratracs.

The guy who runs fountain up here is a good fella so I didn't spending the extra. And the cost of rotations add up. Will probably rotate these pretty frequently.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duratracs are great in all conditions other than ice. I'd give them an Ok for ice that after the first season deteriorates to average. Studded I would imagine they are the cat's ass for winter.

css

Reaction score
I ran studded duratracs last year there were pretty decent on glare ice and were awesome in the snow, The year before i ran the toyo WLT1 winter tires and they out did the duratrac hands down, they look like a old man tire but there breaking and accelerating ability was amazing, and they were no where near as road noisy. the down side was the price... i can't remember the exact price but they were over 400 a tire for a 275/70/17.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BF Goodrich A/T KO2's are another option that will be out in a month or so. Seem to be about the same price as the Duratrac's for my 275/60/20.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switched to BFG Commercial TA's last year. Awesome winter tire so far.

Top Bottom