WINCHES(what is good and what is not)

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My warn winch sorta came out my quad in 3 pieces the other day.Now i want to replace it.Seems you have a few options to replace instead of a warn winch
Anybody bought one from costco or princess auto? the cost is about half of a warn

what u guys think?

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your dead set against warn id try a mile marker or ramsey, how old is your winch my winch off my 06 i hated but my new one with the synthetic winch line im so happy with id never consider anything but a warn. Price around but if you decide to go warn call camrose yamaha i found the best deal there.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my winch on my quad, with a new warn RT2500. and all I did was when I installed it was changed the wire from, I think 8 guage to 6 and made it a 3000 lbs winch. If I was you, I would go back to the warn with synthtic rope WOW what a better system then the old warn....It has all metal planets and gearing,not the plastic ones that always break. My dad has a champion, what a piece of chit!!!! I personally would not use anything else. Get the synthetic as well worth the money. I got my winch from Drive products for about $360.00 w/synthtic rope..

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My warn winch sorta came out my quad in 3 pieces the other day.Now i want to replace it.Seems you have a few options to replace instead of a warn winch
Anybody bought one from costco or princess auto? the cost is about half of a warn

what u guys think?

been selling atvs for 18 yrs, well in a nutshell if it aint warn, we dont buy it...not worth the hassel, different switches, selonoids, all the manufacturers use warn, and if it looks cheaper and is cheaper, its built cheaper...be carefull when u need it to work warn will work...just saying

T

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your dead set against warn id try a mile marker or ramsey, how old is your winch my winch off my 06 i hated but my new one with the synthetic winch line im so happy with id never consider anything but a warn. Price around but if you decide to go warn call camrose yamaha i found the best deal there.

go warn or go home...

just saying

Heli

Reaction score
It seems like everyone is all about Warn winches, but here is another option, have you looked on EBAY, i got a brand new VIPER 3000lb winch with hand held remote and a handle bar mount switch, Snatch block, proper mounting plate for my quad, hook and tag line, of course all the equipment for installation. Defiently complete package and time i shipped it to edmonton and paid taxes and conversion to canadain it ran me $258. original cost was 185 US. i think thats an unbelievable price. havnt used the winch much so i have no details on performance but its a popular brand in the states.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Warn 3000 in mine and its been great. I bought a Viper 2500 for the woman's 400 and it seems to be a good winch as well. Chinese knock-off of a Warn....like I mean COPY. Contactor, switch, remote switch and the winch itself looks like it could interchange parts with Warn. It's been quiet and smooth so far. I know its only been 1/2 way through it's first season, but so far seems worth the risk. Many good reports about Viper winches on other web forums as well.

seancd

Reaction score
I have a viper max 3000 and so far it has worked great. the only thing i dont like about it is it is difficult to swith to free spool....... poor grip on the freespool switch. My buddy bought the winch from Costco and has had absolutly no problems with it at all. If it ever craters, pulled out and replace, very inexpensive

Top Bottom