Will Mtntk Fix Kit Actually Work?

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
I just picked up a '12 STANDARD RMK with the additional front mounted cooler with 1480miles. Did a comp check and both cylinders are @ 130 psi. Is the MTNTK kit is designed to be used with the stock head AND mono cylinder despite the chance of having fatigued cylinder skirts?
I'm going to proceed with the top end rebuild, just want to make a well informed decision before I proceed. Comments??

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a '12 STANDARD RMK with the additional front mounted cooler with 1480miles. Did a comp check and both cylinders are @ 130 psi. Is the MTNTK kit is designed to be used with the stock head AND mono cylinder despite the chance of having fatigued cylinder skirts?
I'm going to proceed with the top end rebuild, just want to make a well informed decision before I proceed. Comments??

yes to both of your questions, my 12 had 700 miles good compression and 9 thousands piston to cylinder clearance. I now have 1400 kit works great make sure your cylinders are in good shape (bore size and not cracked) and you will be good.

Top Bottom