Will it really make the roads any safer??????

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So if 2 was your limit before and you could not honor it, what makes you think you'll have any better success honoring a 1 drink limit ????

Your rational is flawed....

so true...... Often gone out and have 1 or 2............ And usually talk myself into 3(with gentle twist of the arm)...... And i assure myself it's safe to have that in 3 or 4 hours.............. Right? Lol .......... Not anymore. 1 drink limit

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lil piece of advise, wen ya get pulled over and asked if youve had anything to drink tonight sir? Put on ur poker face and politely respond " no sir ". No reason to breathalyze soo no reason for fines, suspensions or impoundings.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ of course that is not what i do! But only a suggestion for u guys that like to have one or possibly two :d

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When this was broght in in BC I had friends concerned over a beer or wine with supper. One of them bought their own breathanalyser and we dii some testing. lol

I was really suprised to see how low the numbers reallly were. I would have thought it would take less than three drinks to make me over .05 as I weigh 130lbs.

Three stiff crown and cokes in two hours and I was only 0.024.

Tb

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lil piece of advise, wen ya get pulled over and asked if youve had anything to drink tonight sir? Put on ur poker face and politely respond " no sir ". No reason to breathalyze soo no reason for fines, suspensions or impoundings.

Yep. It's a shame it's gone this way, but it's rpetty much "Don't talk to cops" these days. The community liason and helper role has been replaced with an 'us vs them' mentality. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm going to have to give that a whirl, I've always assumed that 3 beers will put me over .08 yet I can polish off 12 and still not pizz on the seat, even after 18 I can still pizz standing up.... I've been told that the portables however are not very accurate

When this was broght in in BC I had friends concerned over a beer or wine with supper. One of them bought their own breathanalyser and we dii some testing. lol

I was really suprised to see how low the numbers reallly were. I would have thought it would take less than three drinks to make me over .05 as I weigh 130lbs.

Tb

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the law and its that simple. While I was in the mountains last weekend I saw a crazy number of sledders on the mountain that were easily over the limit. There seem to be more and more of these idiots every time we hit the hills but nobody ever talks about it.
On Saterday evening I spoke to one of the Valemount RC's and they told me that they are activly planning to start patrolling the hills in Valemount.
its funny how the same people wouldnt be caught dead behind the wheel of a car after drinking but they have no issue with ripping around in the mountains on a sled while smashed.
I understand the point bogger is trying to make, but the law is the law.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 drink a hour is safe, so iv been told, but what do know lol

so 18 beers = 18 hrs

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say the fatality rate has dropped 40% in the first year I'll give you that, but I still find it hard to believe that has anything to do with dropping the limit from .08 to .05...drivers at .05, .06 and .07 do not kill people, or at least not due to impairment stupidity maybe, it's the "drunk" drivers that kill people....
It may be that so many people have refrained from drinking anything and driving that it had an effect on the stats. It'll take several years to see if there has actually been a change, one years stats mean nothing.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess the days of having a beer in the trailer at the end of a day of riding are over!!Guess a guy will have to hand out iou's to the guys that lent a hand during the day!So when I run into any other S&M members in the parking lot 'sorry in advance' but the law is the law!!

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd guess you are wrong, still over .08 to get charged with impaired driving......
Actually being over .08 and impaired driving are 2 different charges. one is over the legal limit and the other is impaired which can be any number of things. The .05 law is total crap I believe,

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tb

Maybe weshould sugest the police use the same breathalizer. ...I'm sure the impared convictions would drop by nearly 75%.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing that was aggrivating in BC was the cops ability to be judge, jury and executioner. So you blew a .06, now your car is gone and you have a number of fines with no chance to defend yourself. THAT was bogus.

guessing the courts will see a fair increase in trials fighting impaired driving charges...

I haven't read the fine print, but I have faith that there is some way to defend yourself in court. That said, by the time you get to court, you've probably already got your license back - how would the courts compensate your for the pain/expense you went through without your licnese? ...looks like an opportunity for some people with good lawyers to milk the system at the tax payers' expense.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess the days of having a beer in the trailer at the end of a day of riding are over!!Guess a guy will have to hand out iou's to the guys that lent a hand during the day!So when I run into any other S&M members in the parking lot 'sorry in advance' but the law is the law!!
just open one and share it....lol

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually being over .08 and impaired driving are 2 different charges. one is over the legal limit and the other is impaired which can be any number of things. The .05 law is total crap I believe,
But this law does nothing to change either the 'driving over .08' or 'driving while impaired' except that there will probably be fewer people on the road that have had anything to drink, for a while, until people realize that enforcement hasn't increased so their chances of getting stopped are the same as before the law was changed.

Richadge

Reaction score
One thing to remember is that no one is stopping you from drinking or limiting your comsuption, its about driving afterwards. There are alternate means of transportation to use if necessary.

Top Bottom