Wildcat Trail review

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 186644View attachment 186645The oil line fittings were upgraded before I picked mine up. As far as motor mounts go, there has been an updated part released. Honestly, Cat has been looking after any issues in a timely fashion. That said, some guys can break an anvil, and they would have issues with any SXS, ATV, or any other motorized vehicle. If you are looking for a high speed dune runner, the Trail isn't it - look at a full sized Wildcat or a Sport. Some guys are running 30's, these will be the folks that will have issues with steering mounts if not reinforced IMHO. If you are thinking about larger tires, do your homework as some measure out significantly smaller then what's stamped on the sidewall...
Absledder: If you are buying your Trail in Bonnyville, you'll be well looked after by Terry, Mark and the gang at T&T. They do pay attention to the details, mine was set up perfectly.

If I do buy one it will definitely be there. I was in there ordering parts yesterday and couldn't help but take a walk around back and check them out. I'm one of those guys who seems to break everything I touch lol so I just wanted to know what I needed to look out for. I'm not looking for a duner, more of a tight trail/skeg/cutline machine. Nice thing about the 50" machines is they can usually take the small side trails around the worst mud holes, which is something you don't always have the option to do in the 60"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Burned my first quarter tank of gas today in my new trail.

The need to get list:
Winch (the one from cat just seems... expensive... but maybe it's not?)
Mirrors
Full doors would be nice, anyone know if someone makes an insert to add onto the existing door?

Other than that, had a blast today! Definitely need to add some preload to the shocks, set really soft right now. Rides really nice, but might help with some ground clearance I figure. Where I'm parked in this picture there's a 24 inch spruce across the trail in front of me. This was where having mirrors would be a godsend, I can't stay twisted around backing up. Will say right now that this is *way* better than a two-up ATV. Looking forward to a fun summer!

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone makes an add on to the door, but a bunch have made there own out of plastic. If you take a look at wildcatforums.net there's a bunch of info, especially in the DIY thread for the trail.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Burned my first quarter tank of gas today in my new trail.

The need to get list:
Winch (the one from cat just seems... expensive... but maybe it's not?)
Mirrors
Full doors would be nice, anyone know if someone makes an insert to add onto the existing door?

Other than that, had a blast today! Definitely need to add some preload to the shocks, set really soft right now. Rides really nice, but might help with some ground clearance I figure. Where I'm parked in this picture there's a 24 inch spruce across the trail in front of me. This was where having mirrors would be a godsend, I can't stay twisted around backing up. Will say right now that this is *way* better than a two-up ATV. Looking forward to a fun summer!
I bought my door inserts from Turbo Dynamics (discount code: wct td comp special), bought my winch directly from Viper (ask them to match their Ebay prices), mounts right up with no mounting plate, easy peasy.... I just run a cheap rear view mirror, I think it's EMP or something like that, $30.
I cranked up my preload as well for better clearance and stiffer ride. Still rides pretty darn good. I agree with Absledder, join wildcatforums.net, lots of good info to do yourself.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an update on the vehicle experience... Machine has been flawless, have since added Evolution Powersports Stage 3 kit (reflash of stock ECU, high flow intake with their muffler). This thing RIPS now, so much that I had to add 3g of primary weight to keep it off the rev limiter (which has been raised to 8200 RPM). 29x11x14 Mega Mayhems and a Super ATV 2" lift are on the machine now. Also added Elka Stage 4 piggyback shocks as I find myself overdriving the stock suspension with the added hp - the Elka's are definitely up to the task. Great unit, no issues. Pick one up & find out for yourself!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You running stock axles with those tires, lift and extra hp? If you are they must have good axles from factory which is a plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You running stock axles with those tires, lift and extra hp? If you are they must have good axles from factory which is a plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, running stock axles, and not being nice to it. Lots of muskeg and mud, actually have broken 2 winch cables getting out of some of the holes I've been in. Just installed the heaviest synthetic rope I could spool onto the winch now...

Top Bottom