WiFi Thermostats....Recommendations

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Looking to install new thermostat. Would like to go WiFi so Wifey can turn the thing up when and where she wants. She's a frigid little thing...it will be run off iPhones.

Shhhh it's her birthday gift.

Gotta love being married to a Steel Worker (previously a machinist for 12 hrs). I can buy just about any gift a guy would like and get away with it....anyways, anyone have one or experience with WiFi thermostats?

Thanks

Sent from my Phone while sitting on the side of the road.....maybe.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Wow was I confused!
Thought you were talking about a new sled add on! Ha Ha

Just goggled it and looks like a nice upgrade. I still stick with the digitall programable one.
My daughters hate it ever time i get a new electronic gadget and they have to spends hours explaining how simple it is to use.

When I got my new pjone a month ago, they said I was on my own this time. Still do not have any music downloaded and just figured out hoew to down load ring tones. Now to figure out how to use them..LOL

Enjoy the new technology. Looks like they would work well.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
That's funny about new technology, I get the same thing from my kids...guess we have to teach the old man how to use it....lol
I guess that is why she have kids.
Won't be long and I'll be able to get my grandkids to teach me....lol
WiFi thermostat - happy wife = happy life.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the Nest! Google it. It is great. As an app for your cell phone and when your away you can set the temperature etc and it gives you a monthly email report etc. $250!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to install new thermostat. Would like to go WiFi so Wifey can turn the thing up when and where she wants. She's a frigid little thing...it will be run off iPhones.

Shhhh it's her birthday gift.

Gotta love being married to a Steel Worker (previously a machinist for 12 hrs). I can buy just about any gift a guy would like and get away with it....anyways, anyone have one or experience with WiFi thermostats?

Thanks

I installed a Nest from Home Depo, works great and never had an issue with the WiFi, easy to access from the IPhone. It has a learning function on it so after a period of time it learns your home and away settings if you want.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a Nest from Home Depo, works great and never had an issue with the WiFi, easy to access from the IPhone. It has a learning function on it so after a period of time it learns your home and away settings if you want.

Also has a low temp setting which will alert you when the inside temp drops to that setting so you can get someone to check out your furnace.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the smart stat. Seems to work fine. Runs the furnace and a/c.

I think the nest is good as well. Know a few people using it.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Honeywell color display one rth9580. It's just awesome no issues had it over a year now

From your phone can you monitor the temperature at will, or do you have to wait for it to hit an alarm point and email you?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From your phone can you monitor the temperature at will, or do you have to wait for it to hit an alarm point and email you?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417103693.647532.jpg

That's a photo of the home screen from my phone app. Can look at current temp. Set temp and outside temp that comes from weather network. So if the temp starts to drop it knows to start the temp earlier. Doesn't matter so much with forced air but with hot water heating etc it's nice

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't add a picture from the Nest.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curtis do you want to be able to control the furnace at the cabin? Heading out to cabin and turn it up before you go? Nice and warm when you get there.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Nope Glen, this is for the house so my shift work'n Wifey can turn up the heat without getting out of bed.
Happy Wifey = Happy Lifey.

Top Bottom