Why you say "I do"

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lives don't always need to be saved and people aren't always calling 911 fortunately!

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lives don't always need to be saved and people aren't always calling 911 fortunately!

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

you haven't been around arff then. he is always knocking old ladies over, then trying to save them, he also tackles good lookin women and then performs CPR and other life saving techniques(breast massages). plus all summer he goes to the camp outs practicing his fire starting methods, that one we wonder about though. we have no idea what he does in the leduc area.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to look for your video but it's gone....lol

Ah, I got your back brother - the video is gone but luckily I found this pic of ~cycle~ from the last S&M campout!

Im_so_gay__I_shit_rainbows__by_Ramzon.jpg

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need to say 'I do' for someone to take half your stuff. Hell, at this point, it would make more sense for me to get married with a pre-nup, which would keep her away from my things. As it sits, she could walk out and take me for all I'm worth (not much)

Damned 'common law' crap.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you haven't been around arff then. he is always knocking old ladies over, then trying to save them, he also tackles good lookin women and then performs CPR and other life saving techniques(breast massages). plus all summer he goes to the camp outs practicing his fire starting methods, that one we wonder about though. we have no idea what he does in the leduc area.

Bahhhhhhh,,,:beer:

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need to say 'I do' for someone to take half your stuff. Hell, at this point, it would make more sense for me to get married with a pre-nup, which would keep her away from my things. As it sits, she could walk out and take me for all I'm worth (not much)

Damned 'common law' crap.

What if the gal has more than you do? Argument would then change?

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if the gal has more than you do? Argument would then change?

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

Then the women would probably leave with what she brought in. Everyone knows guys get royally screwed on divorce, custody, anything to do with it. It's better then it was years ago, but still far from equal.

Every situation is different but in my opinion if theirs no kids and both work full time, you leave what you came with and split anything acquired together. Kids make it really messy though and that's a lot different.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then the women would probably leave with what she brought in. Everyone knows guys get royally screwed on divorce, custody, anything to do with it. It's better then it was years ago, but still far from equal.

Every situation is different but in my opinion if theirs no kids and both work full time, you leave what you came with and split anything acquired together. Kids make it really messy though and that's a lot different.

Pretty jaded for a young dude...

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thinks have to be just right. The right reasons, right time and if either person already has kids the kids actually have to get along.
When I met Val she had 2 girls and I have 1. We have been together over 12 years now. Got engaged 11 years ago. Managed to get 2 girls married off. 3 rd one living with a boyfriend.
We finally got married Feb 12 th this year.
All is great quad , camp , hunt , vacation always doing things together.

Just need to wait for the right person.

I found her 25 years ago and wouldn't change a thing.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty jaded for a young dude...
A bit but isn't it the truth? Unless they have equal or more I wouldn't even move in with someone without something in writing to protect me. My lawyer warned me really good when I bought my house. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd give away half my stuff to someone. Yes if could never happen but always gotta prepare for the worst, plus if someone is so worried about agreeing to a prenup it tells you a lot about them.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit but isn't it the truth?

Fair enough, I've seen people get burned (my father included).

At the same time, I would not be in a relationship where both people don't contribute.

Keep in mind a pre-nup can be torn apart by a judge 'for the good of the children'. provided kids are a factor.

Sorry for the thread jack folks, I'm done with this from here on out.

Top Bottom