Who's snowchecking 2025

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, but he’d be running if it was good as you and Benny say .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dawson is running one in the back country and swears by it also. But you do you.
Ez smoke is running Bennys clutching too. Maybe call him and ask what he thinks of it.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told yesterday by dealer can only add one more year of warranty to my 23 turbo and it is BEST warranty and then there is some aftermarket which maxes out at 5000 per claim I can add for another three years.

He also told me a warranty claim for turboR engine replacement is around $9600. Still waiting on pricing but it's a gamble. Say the warranty cost is 25 to 30 percent of engine replacement and odds are in your favour it won't blow up may as well roll the dice and if your unlucky you have to buy an engine some day. Depends on how you treat them I guess. Proper warm up before riding and not overheating and unlikely to explode lol

Basically just heard the same story. $2499 for 1 additional year on my 23 R.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the aftermarket warranty is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Dealer got back to me today on warranty, mine is good till nov 2024.

1st option - 1 additional year through BRP B.E.S.T. Warranty would be $2235 + tax

2nd Option - 3rd party coverage it will cover up to $10,000 in claims with a maximum coverage of $5000/ claim.

2 years is $1981, 3years is $2190 and the 4 year plan is for $2367. Attached, May just get the 4 year plan then when I sell my sled its more appealing, save some money too.

Attachments

• E7645E - RPG MA - Poster - BC AB SK MB ON QC ATL.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 37

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer got back to me today on warranty, mine is good till nov 2024.

1st option - 1 additional year through BRP B.E.S.T. Warranty would be $2235 + tax

2nd Option - 3rd party coverage it will cover up to $10,000 in claims with a maximum coverage of $5000/ claim.

2 years is $1981, 3years is $2190 and the 4 year plan is for $2367. Attached, May just get the 4 year plan then when I sell my sled its more appealing, save some money too.
Help me with math, you’re gonna spend $2367. But you can only claim $5000 at a time. So the first engine blows and the bill is $10000, your gonna pay an additional $5000 to fix it but also already paid $2367 so your out of pocket $7500 now. Some are gonna say it’s not $10000 but if you take out the turbo also what is the cost?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Help me with math, you’re gonna spend $2367. But you can only claim $5000 at a time. So the first engine blows and the bill is $10000, your gonna pay an additional $5000 to fix it but also already paid $2367 so your out of pocket $7500 now. Some are gonna say it’s not $10000 but if you take out the turbo also what is the cost?
I think the probability of taking two engines out are pretty low, and wit my milage pretty low for even one. The BRP warrantee only covers the third year, that warrantee is an additional 4 years above my 2 year. Half is better than nothing and the sled has proven to be fairly reliable so far as I believe the 850 turbor is the most popular sled on the hills for new ones

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the probability of taking two engines out are pretty low, and wit my milage pretty low for even one. The BRP warrantee only covers the third year, that warrantee is an additional 4 years above my 2 year. Half is better than nothing and the sled has proven to be fairly reliable so far as I believe the 850 turbor is the most popular sled on the hills for new ones
I’m not debating how good the turbo r is. I like to bug but they are awesome. Just can’t make the math work on the price of extended warranty. In 6 years your turbo r is going to be worth $7000 maybe.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not debating how good the turbo r is. I like to bug but they are awesome. Just can’t make the math work on the price of extended warranty. In 6 years your turbo r is going to be worth $7000 maybe.

Essentially if you can do the work yourself the warranty’s not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was thinking more if your a guy worried about warranty your better off trading every year and run new iron than run old stuff and paying a lot of money for extended warranty that you may never need. Works out to be similar money and probably less headaches.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking more if your a guy worried about warranty your better off trading every year and run new iron than run old stuff and paying a lot of money for extended warranty that you may never need. Works out to be similar money and probably less headaches.
$10k to upgrade from 24-25? That's why all the warranty talk.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$10k to upgrade from 24-25? That's why all the warranty talk.
who’s selling there 24 turbo R for $15000? I’ll buy it.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who’s selling there 24 turbo R for $15000? I’ll buy it.
I saw 3 G5 turbos listed on marketplace mid season for $16,XXX. All were all under 1000km. There is currently several in the same price/mileage bracket in my area. I'd say there is much fewer listings now than a few weeks ago. Thinking they are waiting until next season now.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question about these warranties.
Does the claim need to be made by the person who sold the extended warranty? Do claims need to be made by a dealer? Any dealer? How about an independent shop? Could you make a claim yourself?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question about these warranties.
Does the claim need to be made by the person who sold the extended warranty? Do claims need to be made by a dealer? Any dealer? How about an independent shop? Could you make a claim yourself?
Specialty Motorsport does my IWS claims.
My last couple units I sold with warranty. I had to take the time out of my day to transfer the warranty for the new owner. I believe it cost 100 bucks.

Top Bottom