Who's buying a new 2024 Polaris?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If and when Polaris releases a 9R Boost it will be the first one to break $30k. Just add $5k to the current Boost price.
The 9R I have I think will be the last one I have till prices come down. Cant justify the differnt from 850 to 9R. For $1000 in aftermaket upgrades an 850 can keep up

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9R I have I think will be the last one I have time prices come down. Cant justify the differnt from 850 to 9R. For $1000 in aftermaket upgrades an 850 can keep up
Exactly. The 850 N/A is a really good motor with more warranty and lower price. I wish it had the light crank but I can work around that with clutching/gearing to keep the motor rpm's just under the exhaust valve opening while cruising. This makes it respond fast when I grab a handful.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited! Just picked up this in season, 2024 Matryx Slash 165"x2.75", 850. Base gauge, base shocks, no E start. Going to be an upgrade from the 2013 Pro RMK Assault 800, with a 155"x2.4" that I have been riding!

That being said, what's everyone doing for add ons or upgrades and such? I was thinking Linq adapters and the BCA tunnel pack, and does it NEED a brake reservoir protector?

2024 Matryx.jpg

Last edited:

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I'm pretty excited! Just picked up this in season, 2024 Matryx Slash 165"x2.75", 850. Base gauge, base shocks, no E start. Going to be an upgrade from the 2013 Pro RMK Assault 800, with a 155"x2.4" that I have been riding!

That being said, what's everyone doing for add ons or upgrades and such? I was thinking Linq adapters and the BCA tunnel pack, not sure what can yet, and does it NEED a brake reservoir protector?

View attachment 275611
I am running the large Burandt bag w/ shovel harness on a 155 slash. The small seat is nice but I miss the underseat bag. The large bag has enough room I carry drinks in it instead of the underseat bag. But large bag takes up the whole tunnel.

I bought a 3 gallon armadillo bag to use for fuel. My theory is it should be able to fit under the turtle shell cover and then roll it up when empty.

Reservoir protector is a good idea. SLP quiet Cooker can.

If you are coming off a 41" inch Assault you will override the Matryx like crazy. You can be in neutral riding position way more than the pro chassis.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the large Burandt bag w/ shovel harness on a 155 slash. The small seat is nice but I miss the underseat bag. The large bag has enough room I carry drinks in it instead of the underseat bag. But large bag takes up the whole tunnel.

I bought a 3 gallon armadillo bag to use for fuel. My theory is it should be able to fit under the turtle shell cover and then roll it up when empty.

If you are coming off a 41" inch Assault you will override the Matryx like crazy. You can be in neutral riding position way more than the pro chassis.
You are correct about the bag taking up the whole tunnel. When I saw mine 24 with the bag I thought I should of ordered the mid size bag

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my handlebar bag off my 21. That holds a bit of gear

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That being said, what's everyone doing for add ons or upgrades and such? I was thinking Linq adapters and the BCA tunnel pack, and does it NEED a brake reservoir protector?
I recommend the new style Polaris tunnel bag with quick detach system.
Also you should watch for a sale on those Trailtech GPS gauges. I'm hoping some stores have a big sale for Black Friday. It will let you do the GPS group ride on the gauge with your 7s gauge buddies.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wife and i have these. two compartments. spare belt in the bottom. holds 3 bottles of water in the top. i like having warm water to drink. goggle go in the storage behind the guage.
its for the axys but fits the matrix with a little persuasion.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My Pro Assault has the skis in the narrow setting and also has offset spindles. Just sitting on the concrete floor in the shop, I can't believe the difference in tippyness, between the old and new sled! I know that's going to be different in the snow, and I'm sure I'll flop around like a fish out of water! LOL! I do have a Skinz handlebar bag I might put on the new sled, but the dash compartment is pretty big. I have an underseat bag and Mtn Addiction small can and small bag combo on the Assault. The underseat bag on the Assault is full of tools. I would like to still carry them on the Matryx. You never know when you might need them. I keep some food and drinks as well as survival stuff in my avy bag.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any deals on the in season sleds from polaris?
Only deals I found was the 2023 left overs (I was mostly shopping Riverside in St. Albert). I was really digging the new features for 2024 vs. 2023. I like the new rail profile, extrovert drivers, anti-stab kit, new brake and rotor, and new scratchers. I think if I was to buy a '23 and do some of that stuff it would have been expensive. More then the difference in price. However, my new ride is a base model, and the '23 left overs had a few more options, like E start or WE Velocity shocks. I didn't want electric start (maintenance more of a factor then weight savings), and I have clicker shocks on my old Assault, that I set 10 years ago and have not adjusted since. I did want the big gauge, but that's ok.

Top Bottom