Who's buying a new 2024 Polaris?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to upgrade my 2021 but will see what Polaris has to offer. Also considering that some folks have yet to get their 2023's and its already March. Also if they put the P22 on the 850 then I will save my $$$$$$.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to try a 9r myself for my riding i thought i would try a turbo but not sold on it love the looks and playfullness of the 9r just dont like the plug/clutch issues

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to try a 9r myself for my riding i thought i would try a turbo but not sold on it love the looks and playfullness of the 9r just dont like the plug/clutch issues
I snowchecked one, Polaris may not admit there’s an issue with the clutch, but you know they are aware of it…. similar to the doo G5 chain case, doo will likely never admit an issue but you know damn well they are addressing it for 2024

Last edited:

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
300 miles on my 9R 155 2.75 Khaos Slash. The primary spring looks like it was drug down the road from rubbing on the spigot in the spider and cover. Put a 295 shift out spring in it runs 8650 at 6700ft with factory weights. Haven't had any other issues with it. I really like it. Just put my deposit down on same machine with the 3.25 track.

The last 3 sleds I had I kept them 3 years and averaged about 10,000 to boot. Going to see how much it costs to trade every year and decide what to do next year again.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
300 miles on my 9R 155 2.75 Khaos Slash. The primary spring looks like it was drug down the road from rubbing on the spigot in the spider and cover. Put a 295 shift out spring in it runs 8650 at 6700ft with factory weights. Haven't had any other issues with it. I really like it. Just put my deposit down on same machine with the 3.25 track.

The last 3 sleds I had I kept them 3 years and averaged about 10,000 to boot. Going to see how much it costs to trade every year and decide what to do next year again.
I’ve not looked at mine yet, (9R 165) I have stock spring but went with 76 weights out of the box. It was running 8300 at 6-7 but last ride was up around 8400-8450. I believe there’s enough issues that I’m sure the clutch will be addressed.
I checked same with 3.25 as well.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why not add a bunch of weight to the primary to get the RPMs down to reasonable numbers?

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not add a bunch of weight to the primary to get the RPMs down to reasonable numbers?
I don't really care to be honest lol. I am a tree rider around Fernie area so I don't really hold it to the pin for extend periods. I like how it is in the bottom end so don't want to drop the engagement by throwing a bunch of weight at it. The adjustable weights for the P22 aren't cheap. It's under warranty. I already decided I was going to only run it for a year so it won't be my problem in the long run.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve not looked at mine yet, (9R 165) I have stock spring but went with 76 weights out of the box. It was running 8300 at 6-7 but last ride was up around 8400-8450. I believe there’s enough issues that I’m sure the clutch will be addressed.
I checked same with 3.25 as well.
Ya, I wonder if the 24 owners manual is online. Might have a look quick and see if they changed springs and helix. The 24 are in the parts system already

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had a look in the parts fiche, same primary spring, weights, Helix and secondary spring. Maybe they will have an update by fall after they get all their wrecked clutches back to look over lol.
That is likely, to change it now would be admitting an issue.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My order was confirmed today. Had to make a slight change but its all good

Top Bottom