Whitecourt conditions

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions are pretty horrible all over around here...... If you have anything shorter than a 153" and less than an 800..... Wow pretty amazing lines to be found out there one stuck on the day so i only pulled out the camera once

Sent from my iPhone using

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the last few days in Whitecourt with my family. Just gotta say that we will be making many trips this winter. It is great to see the efforts of the Trailblazers in combination with the Town. Such a user friendly place. We rode the south loop on Monday and the north loop on Tuesday. No grooming yet (not for a few days which was awesome with the fresh powder) and we were one of the first ones down the trails so it was a ton of fun for all of us. Made the mistake of trying to take the family down a power line. See post above - bad idea!!! All the sleds were capable but not all of us are deep snow riders. Anyways we finally made it out and were exhausted from many stucks.

Also have to say a huge Thank You to a local husband and wife who were in the Eagle River staging area when we arrived and proceeded to get stuck. The lot had just received fresh snow but the stuck was all my fault. Needless to say the truck will be getting the meanest snow tires possible tomorrow. Justin gladly pulled my truck out and then pulled my trailer back to the service station. Life saver to say the least. They could have easily sledded away and left us, but they were gracious enough to make sure we got out. Just remember this everyone - help your fellow sledders cause one day you will need someone to pull your xxx out of a snow bank. karma!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the last few days in Whitecourt with my family. Just gotta say that we will be making many trips this winter. It is great to see the efforts of the Trailblazers in combination with the Town. Such a user friendly place. We rode the south loop on Monday and the north loop on Tuesday. No grooming yet (not for a few days which was awesome with the fresh powder) and we were one of the first ones down the trails so it was a ton of fun for all of us. Made the mistake of trying to take the family down a power line. See post above - bad idea!!! All the sleds were capable but not all of us are deep snow riders. Anyways we finally made it out and were exhausted from many stucks.

Also have to say a huge Thank You to a local husband and wife who were in the Eagle River staging area when we arrived and proceeded to get stuck. The lot had just received fresh snow but the stuck was all my fault. Needless to say the truck will be getting the meanest snow tires possible tomorrow. Justin gladly pulled my truck out and then pulled my trailer back to the service station. Life saver to say the least. They could have easily sledded away and left us, but they were gracious enough to make sure we got out. Just remember this everyone - help your fellow sledders cause one day you will need someone to pull your xxx out of a snow bank. karma!!
Were you in the dually stuck by the backstop at the staging area?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle River Staging area parking lot plowed yesterday. Groat Creek staging area was plowed before this holiday snow so has 8" or so on it. It'll be OK for a truck and deck but I wouldn't take a truck and trailer in there, there's a bit of an uphill to get back onto the highway.

Last edited:

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great snow today. Not hard to find fresh and it was deep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 238

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pics to show for our ride but the snow was amazing today. Had nine of us, the kids sleds weren't made for deep powder but it was a blast even when we had to dig them out even some of the adults that go stuck with the big tracks and power.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the north trails today. Staged at Eagle River and you can get a big enclosed in and out of there no problem. 6 other rigs in the parking lot. Saw only one other group all day. We rode the eagle loop which spun off from the main groomed trail. Eagle loop is un-groomed and a bit of a challenge with all the fallen tree's but was fun. We cut a bunch of tree's and got them off the trail as instructed in a post above to help out the club. TONNES of fresh still out there and easy to find guys. The warm temps didn't make it out into the bush and neither did the rain (no crust!) its all still powder and DEEP. When I got off the sled its between mid thigh deep (im 6'-3") I have a pic I will post later on my iphone if I get a chance.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been above zero pretty much every day for the past week and a half with lots of wind on a couple of those days. Need cold and more snow. Lots of trees down from the 120kmh wind storm last week too...

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need to pack a saw, was up there yesterday and the crews either had all the trees removed or were working on it through the day! Just had to have scratchers for trail and found lots of deep untouched snow.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trails are all clear of deadfall with the exception of the trail north from the Carson cabin towards Swan Hills. It should be completed early this week. There was a group of ten of us with four chainsaws out yesterday and we covered over 100 km of trails. It was a mess out there after the winds...

Top Bottom