White Sleds, would you do it again?

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

For all those guys with a white sled, would you buy white again? Does the panels stay white or after the first season do they look like ch!t? I think white looks so awesome, but want it to stay that way.

Let me know your thoughts, or how hard they are to keep clean. I spend the time to keep my stuff looking good, so not scared of a few hours of cleaning every once in a while.

The new XM is a no brainer, but what color is the question.

Cheers

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends how picky you are. I rode with Mike#s on the weekend and his new white cat has a brown ring around the exhaust. Im not sure if Spray 9 would take it off, but Im a bit of a neat freak.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
white sleds is about as smart as buying white gear 0.o they are really great color for avy's
You shouldn't be caring about the sled in an avalanche. You should be watching your buddy, and the sled should be an after thought after he is safely out. In which case, it won't matter if it's white or not.

I personally would never get a white sled. If you want white, I would go black and put a white wrap of some sort on it. that way if something does go wrong with you, you can just peel it off and replace it with a reprint of the piece of the wrap you need.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love white sleds. Little more work to keep clean but i dont mind aswell. Dont get one that has white really close to exhaust, will get brown/yellow stain.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361555515.043861.jpg
This was my freeride last year. I love white sleds and hoping I can get back into one next year. I had a wrap on this sled which was very simple to keep clean with windex and a magic eraser did great for keeping the tunnel and the rest shiney.
When I sold the sled we took the wrap off and it still looked like a brand new sled.

snowho

Reaction score
I bought a 2012 retro 800 pro RMK and the hood is white with red,black ,blue , stickers on it. Paid a bit extra for it and like the look but do not think I'll go the same way next time. I would rather pay for a custom rap rather than a manufactured limited edition.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the White and Orange look cat come out with, both mine are the Sno Pros, I'll be sticking with white sleds. But wearing bright gear in case of avy.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my freeride but went with a wrap so it is more visible and separates it from all the other freerides

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2008 polaris was shiney white easy to keep clean
My 2012 summit x flat white always looks dirty ( belt dust brake dust) pain im butt to clean too

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did u know "black" is the absolute worst color for avys ...

Hey Willy, you don't know me and you don't have a clue where I am riding in that pic. Thanks for the avy seminar.
You must be the smartest guy ever with the wisdom that you share amongst every thread you polute. Do you teach courses on avalanche safety according to Willy?!

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own the '07 REV Summit Adrenaline in White/Black. Mine has stayed white, no discolouring or fading. Just cleaned it up yesterday afternoon and, looking at it now out the window, it looks very close to brand new.
Hey guys

For all those guys with a white sled, would you buy white again? Does the panels stay white or after the first season do they look like ch!t? I think white looks so awesome, but want it to stay that way.

Let me know your thoughts, or how hard they are to keep clean. I spend the time to keep my stuff looking good, so not scared of a few hours of cleaning every once in a while.

The new XM is a no brainer, but what color is the question.

Cheers

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I snow checked a 2013 LE Pro in white and totally decked it out in white powder coat. The decals all came off and the shiny plastic is a breeze to keep clean. Spray 9 to remove the willow sap and a quick shot of plexus. I think the guys having grief are the freeride doos with the flat finish panels.
So in answer to the original question yes i would buy another white sled........depending on the panel finish.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I get the last word in this time...LMAO!! Buh bye..

That new freeRIDE in white looks badaZZ

Last edited:
Top Bottom