Which suspension upgrade?

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all I am looking into getting a suspension upgrade for my 2009 summit x. So here is my question Which one is better? Brps upgrade kit or the xetreme air vents kit. Price isnt the problem just want the best out of the 2. Thanks friends.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you looking to achieve with an upgrade?

Both do the same thing. BRP's includes new rails as the lower shock mount is in a different place. Xtremes has relocation brackets.

Do you currently run the heavier rear springs?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If price isn't an issue then Racers Edge rear kit is the best on the market IMO. Call Daryl Baker @ 403-254-8686.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Racer's Edge Suspension mod fixes the rear of the skid, semi-coulpled for climbing performance.

The two items Hillclimber is looking at cures the deep snow and sidehilling issues associated with the 08/09 skids.

Depending on what the outcome is that is wanted, each have their gains.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with bakers on my 09/xp and it was the best money spent.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for something to fix the problems they fixed with the 2010 summit. I guess i am asking is the brp uprade better than the other. and no I dont have heavier springs.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the BRP upgrade along with moving up to one size heavier springs in the rear (though i weigh 205) on my 09 154" and it made it an entirely different sled. Id consider it well worth the money, far easier to run on it side now. Though i have never seen or ridden a sled with one of the other packages on it either

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the BRP upgrade along with moving up to one size heavier springs in the rear (though i weigh 205) on my 09 154" and it made it an entirely different sled. Id consider it well worth the money, far easier to run on it side now. Though i have never seen or ridden a sled with one of the other packages on it either

Thanks I think thats the route I am going.

Top Bottom