which quad

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here's my question. I'm a die hard sled head and I'm about to enter the quadding world. I'm looking for one around the 750cc and up class. My riding will mostly be mud and trail. Unsure of which brand?:dunno: Looking to hear your suggestions good and bad with reasoning. Not looking for any bashing of brands. Pics would also be great
Cheers:beerchug:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm saving my pennies for a AC Thunder Cat 1000. It will be my next quad for sure. 950 cc EFI Vtwin 4by, check out the reviews and see for yourself... it sounds pretty amazing and scary at the sametime? Overkill as far as power goes but it would be nice too have that sort of snort when you need it. Sounds like AC really did there homework on this bike. I have an '02 AC 500i and it has been rock solid, not a single issue to speak of (that was'nt my own fault anyway) in 6 years. Just low on power compared to some 500 cc quads.

Cey800... these days you can't really go wrong with any new atv 500 cc and up. Independent suspension front & REAR, front diff lock, 11" GC minimum, are a must in my opinion. EFI, electric power steering, receiver hitch etc are bonuses... My 2 cents!

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done some reading on the AC 1000 sound awsome. Would sure like to see one in action.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Simple Grizzly 700 or Brute force 750 end of discussion they speak for themselves :D

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on what you want..
like if you want to have a lot of power but do 7 point turns get the AC 1000.

Polaris 800 felt bulky heavy. had good power not rocket ship but plenty. comfertable but like i said heavy.

Can-Am 800s also have alot of snort but lack the true diflock. there dif locks kick in on the fly. sometimes good sometimes really bad in deep mud.

the 750Bruteforce has some sweet power. handles like a square tire in the tight stuff imho.

you got the 750 kingquad less power than the Bruteforce. decent power though. does alot right starts poor in the cold apparently.

the Grizz 700 . Has power steering.. not as much power as any of the above imho. but has plenty of power to get out and get the job done and have fun doing it. imho the best dif lock system in the business best handling aswell but just isn't the same kind of crotch rocket as say the AC1000.

Honda. well they are tough no belt no slippage they do alot right but are probably the weakest power wise of them all and have no dif lock system.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go for the Brute force the handeling is all in the rider if you ask me.
The king quads in my opinion feel verry tippy I did not like the feel of the ones that I have rode. Best bang for your buck I would say is the brute. If you got the Cash I would go look at the 800 outtys too. But for what you would save gettin a brute you could put the Fundy 750 kit in the brute and beat any outty or thunder cat.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go for the Brute force the handeling is all in the rider if you ask me.

But for what you would save gettin a brute you could put the Fundy 750 kit in the brute and beat any outty or thunder cat.

LOL :D Do you really think that a 750 kit on a brute will hold a candle to the Thundercat?? :confused::confused::D C'mon lets be realistic here. Do your research on the Tcat and then maybe you might (will) change your mind. :)

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two 07 Grizzly's and love them, on mine I put the bigger tires and the wifes stayed stock. With that being said I was impressed with what they will go through, and the handling is great. Just my opinion.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
LOL :D Do you really think that a 750 kit on a brute will hold a candle to the Thundercat?? :confused::confused::D C'mon lets be realistic here. Do your research on the Tcat and then maybe you might (will) change your mind. :)

I think the T-cat will only be good racing your friends up and down the road, I think the power will be the weak point in the real world. They shoulda put that engine in a sport chassis then it would be fun but in a 600 pound 4X4? I think in the wrong situations in mud and roots you will tear up the drive train, I can see it now deep in the mud leaning a touch to the left aftermarket tire hooked on a root hammer on the fun flipper and "clank" that all to familar sound of an axle going south :(

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each brand has its pros and cons. My Dad's Honda is a great machine for him, light weight, he has the manual shift. When we get riding and he starts to bog down and sink, he jumps off and his machine floats and he walks it through. My Kawi has power to spare, but when I bog down, if I can't power out of it, or there isn't a hard bottom, I can dig myself into a whole in no time at all. Just research all the machines first and then see if you can ride some as well.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here's my question. I'm a die hard sled head and I'm about to enter the quadding world. I'm looking for one around the 750cc and up class. My riding will mostly be mud and trail. Unsure of which brand?:dunno: Looking to hear your suggestions good and bad with reasoning. Not looking for any bashing of brands. Pics would also be great
Cheers:beerchug:

I don't really have much experience with the cat's or kingquads but can honestly say that the can-am, polaris, yamaha and Kawi quads that I have been out with have all been good quads. I have an '07 Brute Force 750 with a few mods and I absolutely love the machine. I drive it very hard and have not really had any issues to speak of with 1900 kms on it now.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got 3800km on my 06 brute force 750. I got the exhaust modded,moose chip, snorkels, and rims and tires. This is by far the best quad i have ever owned. Tons of power in stock form and lots of easy mods to do to them is a guy wants to. They are also a fairly strong quad. I have only had it to the shop once for work.(3 seals started leakin around 3000km, warranty) And other than that no major problems. Im gonna buy a second one for the old lady to ride as she like sthe power of mine.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you shouldnt complement Arctic cat so much.. more like a 900lb 4x4 once all the fluids are topped up in it.

So true, my 2004 AC 500I weighed in at just over 720 with all fluids in it. So close to 1000lbs with me on it. But i have to admit. It had one of the best rides until i got my brute.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems the brute 750 is the fav by majority. Has anyone rode a outlander 800. Price wise they are 1/3 more, now is there a definate advantage with the can-am, or are they just over priced. Also how well does the brute 750 compare to the outlander 800, stock against stock?
:beerchug:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2 machines are different. the can-am is def a quality bike. people who buy them love them. they have done a-lot right the 800 rotax puts out a-lot of power from bottom to top solid power it will outrun the Brute force. the visco lock system like i said above is a work in progress but the newer ones are alot better now im told than the original release.

the brute force has a different power though a-lot of power from bottom to mid due to the V twin it has ect. the dif lock system on them are a little less desirable than say the Grizzly or the Suzuki.

so yes i think the can-am's are worth the extra you pay. but the Brute is also worth is price tag as well. I honestly feel the Can-am is a more polished machine but again you pay for it.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2 machines are different. the can-am is def a quality bike. people who buy them love them. they have done a-lot right the 800 rotax puts out a-lot of power from bottom to top solid power it will outrun the Brute force. the visco lock system like i said above is a work in progress but the newer ones are alot better now im told than the original release.

the brute force has a different power though a-lot of power from bottom to mid due to the V twin it has ect. the dif lock system on them are a little less desirable than say the Grizzly or the Suzuki.

so yes i think the can-am's are worth the extra you pay. but the Brute is also worth is price tag as well. I honestly feel the Can-am is a more polished machine but again you pay for it.

Like i said, im not easy on my Brute man. And that diff lock works like a charm and has never let me down. It kinda sucks that you have to hold it, but thats were a guy spend 30 dollars for the pen lock system and problem solved.

Now as for the can-am. Nice quad, but at almost 3-4k more than the brute, im not to sure they are worth it. I have a buddy who is a BRP mechanic, and he tells me that they still have alot of bugs in them. But the motor will outlast the rest of the bike.For an example they have a known problem of the water pump or seals going. Now to fix that, the motor has to be taken out of the bike and torn down. And like stated above. The VISCO lock is not worth the metal it was made from. They are a limited slip and in most cases when you want diff lock, its for a reason. But overall the Can-am are nice, but for the dollar, Id go for the brute. The can-am was one of my top 5 choices, but the major thing that drove me off is the price and cost of maintence on them. But its your money, you decide.

BTW one that has not been brought up to much is the Grizz 700. They too are nice quad. The power steering is one thing that is cool, but it can also be fairly dangerous as there is NO effort when i comes to turning the quad with it. I have riden the 700 a few times and the thing i like is also the thing that i dont. That power steer is kinda tricky to get used to.

Kiel

Top Bottom