Which GPS

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably going to the black hills this summer and am looking for a GPS to map trails and find my way back to the cabin. Doesnt have to be the highest priced or cheapest but looking for something reliable and proven. Gonna have it mounted on quad so any pics of how to mount it or any ideas would be good also.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
I had a Garmin ETrex legend HCX and loved it but the screen was too small. I just bought a Garmin 550 nuvi (waterproof) for real cheap but haven't used it cause i'm overseas right now. will let ya know in August when i'm on vacation but it will probably be too late.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to use it for. I have a garmin 60 and it is waterproof. Great for hunting quadding and fishing. Not like the nuvi for travelling around the city. But with garmin you can't go wrong.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO best bang for buck is the Garmin 60 series. Wholesale Sports $229.00 Covers pretty much all bases for tracks, maps and markers. Touch screen GPSs and mud don't realy like together.

Attachments

• ElectronicsNavigation_GPS_216133_main.jpg
    ElectronicsNavigation_GPS_216133_main.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 304

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO best bang for buck is the Garmin 60 series. Wholesale Sports $229.00 Covers pretty much all bases for tracks, maps and markers. Touch screen GPSs and mud don't realy like together.

X 2 Love my Garmin 60 but get the colour screen(Cx) as the two tone just bites, there is a new version of the 60 called the rhino 610 that is supposed to be glove friendly. A good place to also look at stuff is GPS city out of Calgary.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the same one. Use it all the time. Works great. Good battery life. At night you can read the screen no problem.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you guys mount them or where do they mount while your riding. I had a buddy that had an older one just zip tied to his front rack and it didnt handle it so now he is also looking into a new one. I just dont want to put the money out there and end up ruining the product due to stupidty.

Thanks!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built my own set up with a piece of 1/2 conduit and a bike mount from garmin but I have heard that a number of people have use a RAM mount to great success.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out ram-mount.com and the pieces you can get at the fishing hole

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X 2 Love my Garmin 60 but get the colour screen(Cx) as the two tone just bites, there is a new version of the 60 called the rhino 610 that is supposed to be glove friendly. A good place to also look at stuff is GPS city out of Calgary.

x3 on the Garmin 60

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you guys mount them or where do they mount while your riding. I had a buddy that had an older one just zip tied to his front rack and it didnt handle it so now he is also looking into a new one. I just dont want to put the money out there and end up ruining the product due to stupidty.

Thanks!

I keep mine in my pocket or in the bag on the quad and look at it as required.
If i mount it I will break it off hitting tree's:eek:

evil1

Reaction score
Ryno does not reccommend the 610 for freezing temps i hear

x 2 love my garmin 60 but get the colour screen(cx) as the two tone just bites, there is a new version of the 60 called the rhino 610 that is supposed to be glove friendly. A good place to also look at stuff is gps city out of calgary.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same one. Use it all the time. Works great. Good battery life. At night you can read the screen no problem.

if ya can read the screen then why are we always lost?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep mine in my pocket or in the bag on the quad and look at it as required.
If i mount it I will break it off hitting tree's:eek:

how could it break off? ya never look at it. know wonder your battery life is great. oh ya RAY ya suck. just an observation

Last edited:
Top Bottom