Which goggles are best?

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'm probably going to start a goggle war by asking this.. I know everyone has their own preference.. And I know there is probably a thread like this somewhere already, but I couldn't find it and I want recent reviews on new products... I'm looking to buy a new set or two of goggles and want opinions from people before I spend $80-$100+ on some POS set.

What goggles seal? don't fog? Slip in place and forget it

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'm probably going to start a goggle war by asking this.. I know everyone has their own preference.. And I know there is probably a thread like this somewhere already, but I couldn't find it and I want recent reviews on new products... I'm looking to buy a new set or two of goggles and want opinions from people before I spend $80-$100+ on some POS set.

not to sound like a smart azz but the best goggles are the ones that fit your particular helmet and your particular face and don't fog up. I guess what I'm trying to say is the answer will be different for every one.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought my first pair of 509's at the Edm. sled show. I was able to finally use them a couple of weeks ago. The factory lense, that comes with them lasted for a better part of the day. Just like new lense's should.
But then the next ride.....I put in the anti-fog, anti-scratch lense. Unbelievable!!!! I thought I paid waaaaay too much for these. But after a full day of riding, digging, and the odd eject, lol. I was impressed! Well worth every penny.
Going to buy more replacement lense's soon. I'm sold, after being in the recreational motorsport for 25+ yrs. :D

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ron/ pipes is right take ur helmet and fit them in the store... u ll be glad u did...the newest latest greatest on the google market are the 509 s they just rock...there not cheap but they work.... period...another option is the new

miracle worker add on called "habbervision" basically its a mini fan that works on all goggles. u can set it to auto and it comes on when it sense moisture and this thing is the ch!t....can you say 100 percent fog free....yess with habervision... there about 69 bucks and worth every cent.... even i can install them, they run off watch size batteries and are said to last a yr... just make sure you set them to auto and not on....in the on position they stay on till the batteries go dead.......... and thats what i know about that...:d:d:d

T

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
ron/ pipes is right take ur helmet and fit them in the store... u ll be glad u did...the newest latest greatest on the google market are the 509 s they just rock...there not cheap but they work.... period...another option is the new

miracle worker add on called "habbervision" basically its a mini fan that works on all goggles. u can set it to auto and it comes on when it sense moisture and this thing is the ch!t....can you say 100 percent fog free....yess with habervision... there about 69 bucks and worth every cent.... even i can install them, they run off watch size batteries and are said to last a yr... just make sure you set them to auto and not on....in the on position they stay on till the batteries go dead.......... and thats what i know about that...:d:d:d

T
Do you have any of the Havervision in stock?

I had two fellas who wear glasses who were forever fogging up coming across the lake last Saturday.

One of the group member has a set and had no problems....

Can send them your way only afew klicks...

Cost also if you have them?

Thanks

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thor Hero's. The ones with the Canadian maple leaf on 'em.

Attachments

• 305714.jpg
    305714.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 710

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have scott brand goggles model 89Xi they call them a MX goggle but I bought the Turboflow Lens and I love them in the winter since I do alot of riding in the winter. The lenses are VERY scratch resistant and shatter proof and have NEVER had them fog on me. Once the ATV season comes pop out the Turboflow lens and put the regular lens in or you could leave the turboflow in. It only takes 2 to 3 mins to change the lens. These goggle are also deep enough if you wear glasses and I ordered them with the light sensitive lens because I leave in the day when the sun is out and am usually heading home in the dark they are blue tint in the sunlight but as the sun goes down they turn clear which is nice for night riding. I like not having to stop and change goggles or lens. They seemed high priced at the time but totally been worth every penny spent. They are WAY better then the original ones that came with the helmet as they didnt fit good, fogged constantly, and the lens scratched very easy! Just my $0.02 worth.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We currently sell three lines of goggles and each one has some really cool features to them:

Habervision - comes with 3 lens color choices clear, optical orange for bright light and low light days or vermillion for high contrast on low light days. We also sell the HaberVision eliminator. It is a little device that goes into your goggles keeping you fog free by sensing the rising humidity levels. Once the humidity gets to a certain point the fan kicks in creating air flow that keeps you fog free. These lenses come in both polarized and non-polarized. Haber optics are polarized to exactly 180 degrees.

Zeal - has a broad spectrum lens this lens takes you from your orange color base to your grey color base. These lens are also polarized to 180 degrees and come in photochromatic as well. I just recently tried out a set of the polarized photochromatic and they simply flat out rock! This is also the company that sells the Transcends the HUD GPS unit. Zeal is also the only company we found that produces a high end children’s goggle that are polarized.

Uvex - these goggles are made in Germany. A couple of cool features with these goggles are their Variotronic model which switches from light to dark with just a tap of a button no more waiting for the UV rays to change the color of the lens. They also sell a take off model - the same idea instantly goes from light to dark simply by taking off the magnetized top lens. They also feature a "regulator membrane" on all of their goggles instead of foam in the frame. The idea is that this membrane acts kinda like Gore-Tex or E-vent not allowing humidity/snow into the goggle but still allowing venting to happen to not build up humidity within the goggle.

The thing to keep in mind too is that 80% of the goggles on the market today are made by 2 companies. They may paint the frames different colors and put venting in different spots but if you really look at them they are made from the same mold. In our search for goggles we tried to represent companies that have a broad spectrum of truly unique features.

The best optics on the market currently comes from 2 countries Germany and Japan. Haber and Zeal optics are from Japan and Uvex as I mentioned earlier come from Germany. Everyone else is China.

Another thing we kept in mind when choosing companies to represent is customer service and quality product. We are not interested in selling junk. We sell you junk you tell your friends that tell their friends and so on and so on and there goes my business. We offer high quality products that we have used and researched tirelessly. We have used these companies’ customer service departments ourselves and know what they are like to deal with. Only those that provided us with excellent care and product were worthy of us bring to market for you.

We are also currently working with a company that has a built in camera camcorder!! We should have a set for our trip out to the pass in February to test out to report back on.

This is probably wayyyyy more than you ever wanted to know about goggles...LOL!

Jan

Last edited:

woodym7

Reaction score
this isnt a debate 509 sinister fit the best and well they are the best the aviators rock too but dont fit my helmet as well......

driftking

Reaction score

Try putting dish soap on them both sides and wash them off with water and they wont fog up.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have expensive and I have cheap, they all fog eventually when you are sweating hard or when it's snowing really wet. I keep at least two pairs with me and just swap them when I need to. Front venting works best for me on warm days, but no vents on the lens I find better for cold days. The last few pair I bought have been $20-30 ski goggles from sport mart. At that price I can go throught 4 pair a season and still save money over the expensive ones with extra lenses. I got tired of trying to find lenses a couple years after you buy the expensive ones and no one stocks your lens anymore.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 sinisters for sure....we have been running them for the fourth season, they are the best gogs we've ever owned. Got some Black Ops polarized coming in the mail, will give review on these once we get them.....

509 ROCKS!!:perfect10::perfect10:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be hoonest, i have spent thousands over the years trying to find the best goggle. (For me). Have tried pretty much all the brands and the best I can find is the cheap SCOTT goggles. I sweat lots but they never seem to fog up. They are very easy to get replacement lenses and if you do wrech them they are only $75 to replace. I have tried the 509's and do like them however they don't seem to fit my face well when Im wearing my helmet. I suggest when going to buy goggles bring your helmet along, try the goggles on do some heavey breathing and walk out side into the cold to see if the fog. If they fog on the outside thats ok its just temp change moisture but if they fog on the inner lense you have a seal issue either because of the helmet or the goggle just don't fit your face right. This is only my personal experiance.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 509s when they first came out and have been riding with them ever since. My brother and I both think these are the best goggles we have had.
Other goggles will fog up and stay like that until you take them off and clear them. The 509s will fog up for a moment when you stop. Once you start moving again they clear up right away.

Top Bottom