Where's the price cap in snowmobiling?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in 2018 I said "I'm not paying 19K for my Freeride" so they charged me 18,999.99$... This year I'm saying my 2023 snow check cap is 25K but that's expert turbo or freeride turbo... 6K in 4 years is a steep increase but thats N/A to turbo....

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A summit Turbo is $22-24000 tax in depending on the model/add ons? 19000 for an N/A? 15% roughly. Most people seem to be able to spot more than 15% in value between the two so that's what most go with.. If they offered 25% better performing machine for $30,000 they would sell enough to make it worth while... That's it. $30,000 is the cap. To get there, I don't think it can be an evolution of the near 20 year old rider forward REV platform. 20LBS drop in weight and 30 more HP isn't going to do it. Needs to be a whole new thing. Think S-Chassis to Rev Chassis kind of improvement.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cap is when people stop buying, i remember buying a sled can’t remember what year and it was 8k and thought this is crazy once they hit 10k i’m out, lol 100k truck, 30k enclosed, 20k sled, 3-4k in gear. So only way you find the limit is keep innovating giving people what they desire and as long the masses keep spending to price keeps rising.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OR.... be happy with some "older" stuff that's still pretty fricken good lol I've been trying to get the kid and wife outfitted properly over the last 2-3 seasons... I'll be wearing old junk for a while and maybe stuck on the 19... who knows this winter might be good and we get that new chassis weve been asking for... take my 1000$ lol I'll be good for the other 24, I promise

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly the cap for me is here. But I don’t think the cap is close for lots of people. Some guys aren’t afraid to pay 30 plus for a sled because they can afford it and love the sport. Then there’s the guy that aren’t afraid to make the minimum monthly payment of a sled because it’s only $50 or so a month from my last sled. And that’s the guys that keep the prices high for both new and used stuff.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higher interest rates will curb lots of this. I was surprised to learn how many people are financing the toys. People aren't paying 20-30k they are only pay xxx per month...... for now. That's a lot of money for something that can be used for maybe 1/3 of the year.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least a boat can be used for longer periods of time, maybe even year round.
I can sled 8 months. In alberta good boating season is 3months.

If youre jet boating or fishing longer than 3 month season sure, dont think youd be having much fun on the river today! But love to see it though.

If i had Leo's boat i might never leave, but thats gonna cost a lot more than sledding, that why ill be sledding next week not sailing the Caribbean!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They say "boats and horses" are the cat's meow!

One has to have really deep pockets to really get into either. The financing jig is for a different demographic altogether whether it be at the lowest end of income or the highest end. Personally, I will not have another thing that I cannot pay cash for!!

Top Bottom