where to ride in the pass

cadmo

Reaction score
Hey tommorow me and the wife wanta take a break from Golden & Revy, never rode south any areas people reccomend in the pass\ Fernie area?

any help would be appaericated with directions

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good riding to the south of coleman and blairmore up the york creek or satoris road also corbin has some real good riding they are located on the bc side you can also stage and ride from inn on the border on the bc/alta border i recomend corbin for anice day ride lots of trail and lots of play areas but please stay off of the mine property at corbin it is the first 6-8 km of trail on the left hand side of the trail!

jwood99

Reaction score
the wife and I are coming down and I too am looking for somewhere to ride my wife is a newer rider and just wondering what people would suggest for newbies?

Thanks

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and a few friends are planning on riding down around crowsnest if the snow is good on the 29th or so of Dec.

I have a couple different sled trail maps for the Crowsnest area and I keep hearing about all these different places like Rolling Hills, Corbin, Raingauge and have yet to find a map with any of them on it.

Can anyone point me into a direction of where I can find a good map showing these areas? Any reccomendations on where I can take a few guys into where the snow is known to be the best this time of year? I really am not looking to replace my tunnel just yet!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and a few friends are planning on riding down around crowsnest if the snow is good on the 29th or so of Dec.

I have a couple different sled trail maps for the Crowsnest area and I keep hearing about all these different places like Rolling Hills, Corbin, Raingauge and have yet to find a map with any of them on it.

Can anyone point me into a direction of where I can find a good map showing these areas? Any reccomendations on where I can take a few guys into where the snow is known to be the best this time of year? I really am not looking to replace my tunnel just yet!

Raingauge will be fine, it is in Corbin. 1/2 way between Blairmore and Sparwood there is a road going south (Road construction of a new overpass is right at the corner) Go south aprox 15 miles to end of road. Signs and maps right at the staging area. There will be people there that can help you. We will be there. You can also stop or stay right at the inn on the border and ride right from your room. They have maps they give out.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raingauge will be fine, it is in Corbin. 1/2 way between Blairmore and Sparwood there is a road going south (Road construction of a new overpass is right at the corner) Go south aprox 15 miles to end of road. Signs and maps right at the staging area. There will be people there that can help you. We will be there. You can also stop or stay right at the inn on the border and ride right from your room. They have maps they give out.

Ok I know the area you are talking. Thanks.

cadmo

Reaction score
ok looks like we decided to go to corbin tommorow.

As far a getting there is it as easy as looking for the over pass construction and heading south for 15 miles to the stageing area?

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok looks like we decided to go to corbin tommorow.

As far a getting there is it as easy as looking for the over pass construction and heading south for 15 miles to the stageing area?

Yes it is. Road ends at a mine and a small townsite. Parking lot is on right hand side at end of road. Just stay of mine area when you go down the trail for first 5 k. Mine land will be all along on left hand side.
Just arond the 5 K there will be a trail heading off to your right just after the S curve on the main trail ( there will be the last mine clearing on your left). There is 2 creek crossings. This will take you up into the Barnes area. lots of riding up there, and if you go through the barnes area and find the chute you can go up into limestone, another good area

Maclintock

Reaction score
Areas all around the Crow area,,, North and South are boney. main trails are Very hard packed and it is not deep in the trees and lots of hidden treasure. Corbin area is really good for early season.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fernie area is some of the best for newbies and intermediate riders the south side of the # 3 is great if you want to experience the pucker north side of the # 3. Three sisters, Meca Bowl, Cherry bowl. Fernie is a great town with great people. Stay at the park place lodge and hit the lounge and talk to the locals you will be impressed.:beer::d

Top Bottom