whats the word on these 'Rapid Bikes"

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow! 95 views and not one comment? I thought you people were suppose to know a thing or 2 about sleds and there accessories.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have honestly never heard a good thing about them. Lots of guys got excited and put them on because a lot of promises were made regarding what they could do. A lot of pissing around with laptops trying to build maps, and heard they still dont run consistant at all.

No first hand experience though.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya see thats just the thing. Ive been made promises by a couple places but I know 3 different guys that had nothing but problems. when it worked it worked great but to be driving for hours to go riding and have some crap ruin my day aint cool!!!

so whats the deal with the boost it stuff? all I really want to do is advance my ignition timing. but the rapid bike has a poor running I feel.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya see thats just the thing. Ive been made promises by a couple places but I know 3 different guys that had nothing but problems. when it worked it worked great but to be driving for hours to go riding and have some crap ruin my day aint cool!!!

so whats the deal with the boost it stuff? all I really want to do is advance my ignition timing. but the rapid bike has a poor running I feel.

Contact NM on this site Mike. His setup is the preferred setup for Yamaha's by far. RK KNIGHT runs it as well and is a big supporter you can talk to.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have honestly never heard a good thing about them. Lots of guys got excited and put them on because a lot of promises were made regarding what they could do. A lot of pissing around with laptops trying to build maps, and heard they still dont run consistant at all.

No first hand experience though.

That's pretty much it. I ran it on my SC Apex and was told it would auto compensate for altitude. First time in the hills, I leaned out so bad the sled wouldn't run. So back down the hill to install my crappy Pure Logic box just so I could ride.
I ended up having 2 separate maps built for that sled. In all honesty it ran great and was very consistent after that. But I still feel there are better systems out there including Boost It from what Ive heard.

WesG

Reaction score
Just happy i got rid of mine while it had value.... MHO it's a serious PITA! Call Neil for a boost-it if you don't want to fug around after initial setup.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM
Top Bottom