What's the fine for riding in a provincial park?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the way home seen someone launching big rooster tails in the snow in Fishcreek Park.
People are crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. When I was playing some shinny on the Copperfield rink, I saw someone ripping around the pond. With a can. At 9pm.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. When I was playing some shinny on the Copperfield rink, I saw someone ripping around the pond. With a can. At 9pm.

You didn't sled to the rink? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to find out for sure. Operating an OHV in a restricted PLUZ is $287.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was driving at the time. I tried calling CPD by voice dialing the main number and going through their automated menu but that is a cluster....

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woow, wooow, slow down on calling the police. We all have this idea that riding in a park is wrong. The government in Alberta has brained washed us to think that way. Sure it is illegal here but many Provincial parks in BC allow OHV and in the States many many do too. It is our twisted thinking that got you to try and call the police. I wouldn't ride there myself but it should not be illegal unless it is in a park that could put other visitors or wildlife at risk. Rethink it through and fight to remove the law that makes it automatically illegal. We have National parks that have the same problem. There should be plenty room for all after all ski hills are more devastating to the environment and they are not likely a problem to you as you are conditioned that way.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woow, wooow, slow down on calling the police. We all have this idea that riding in a park is wrong. The government in Alberta has brained washed us to think that way. Sure it is illegal here but many Provincial parks in BC allow OHV and in the States many many do too. It is our twisted thinking that got you to try and call the police. I wouldn't ride there myself but it should not be illegal unless it is in a park that could put other visitors or wildlife at risk. Rethink it through and fight to remove the law that makes it automatically illegal. We have National parks that have the same problem. There should be plenty room for all after all ski hills are more devastating to the environment and they are not likely a problem to you as you are conditioned that way.

I don't think you'll get much argument about what little impact these riders are making to the park. However, the law is the law and they are doing nothing to help our image in a time where maintaining a good image with the general public is extremely important.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope all rides sled and quads are sending in letters to keep areas open.

If Castle area passes what will be next a sled area.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll get much argument about what little impact these riders are making to the park. However, the law is the law and they are doing nothing to help our image in a time where maintaining a good image with the general public is extremely important.

True, but I am just getting sick of feeling like a criminal because I like to sled. They sure treat sledders differently down in parts of the USA, anyone that has not been down to Island Park or West Yellowstone should go and experience the positive sled vibe down there. The government actually promotes sledding and backs it up with money to groom and make trails. It really is cool to sled through town. I know we have a couple locations in Northern parts here like that but in Calgary you would have the whole police force chasing you including the HAWKS helicopter. They would throw more resources at it then a fleeing bank robber.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"CONDITIONED" to obey the law... gotcha! My personal belief in being a law abiding citizen is what got me to call the police.
Did I mention anything about the environment? You have no idea what is likely or not likely a problem for me. I don't care what's legal in another province, I live in Alberta, where provincial parks are regulated by this province.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the title of the thread "What's the fine for riding in a provincial park?" I don't believe the OP was asking for himself should he get caught but rather because he witnessed someone else doing it. I don't know the regulations for the park in question and understand some you can and some you can't ride in, I'm going to assume the title would refer to those parks you are NOT allowed to, as it would be irrelevant in those you can, and that is also what the OP would be referring to. In that case...I have no idea what the monetary fine would be and really don't care to find out but ultimately the penalty is handed down to all of us by way of closures to areas we have enjoyed for years, all because it's the selfish 1% that think they can do what, where, when and how they want that creates more and more regulations.

If you look at any law or regulation on the books today it has generally been put in place for that 1% of the population, so for the 99% of us that do things right, we have a responsibility to report those that aren't. I'm sure most of us on here would do ANYTHING to protect our families, homes, personal possessions...etc, why would you not do the same to protect your right to access crown land for you and your family to enjoy.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"CONDITIONED" to obey the law... gotcha! My personal belief in being a law abiding citizen is what got me to call the police.
Did I mention anything about the environment? You have no idea what is likely or not likely a problem for me. I don't care what's legal in another province, I live in Alberta, where provincial parks are regulated by this province.

fudan
ur "CONDITIONED". to tattletaling on sledding
evan if u just see lines in the snow from two weeks ago

Keep up the good work for all

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope all rides sled and quads are sending in letters to keep areas open.

If Castle area passes what will be next a sled area.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

Heard that the government may fast track Livingstone area next. Again our time will be very limited and our response will need to be coming from all of you users. Single track ,quad , side by side ,snowmobiles random camping hunting fishing horse all users

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My point is you would quickly call the police if you see a sledder in a park but you would turn a blind eye to someone not signaling while changing lanes on the road. The lane change is much more serious as it could kill someone not expecting to get sideswiped but as many people do it every day, oh well. The sledder in the park is something you don't see often and it gets your blood boiling. Am I right? It shouldn't be this way.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a difference. Most governments are not considering banning highways ....atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard that the government may fast track Livingstone area next. Again our time will be very limited and our response will need to be coming from all of you users. Single track ,quad , side by side ,snowmobiles random camping hunting fishing horse all users

Very true,,,,

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh Fish Creek Park is inside Calgary City limits and is a very popular park where people go for walks. Sledding there is just stupid.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom