whats it like?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Polaris corporate office. The word is they had a complete line to release this year that included the triple, a 2 stroke turbo and a big bore but they felt they decided to hold off another year since the pressure from Ski-doo never materialized when the bulkheads and belts started exploding and the motors all started going down at 2000 km's.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Just got off the phone with Polaris corporate office. The word is they had a complete line to release this year that included the triple, a 2 stroke turbo and a big bore but they felt they decided to hold off another year since the pressure from Ski-doo never materialized when the bulkheads and belts started exploding and the motors all started going down at 2000 km's.

Made me spit out a mouth full of kraft dinner on my computer screen!

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a Polaris rider who also will likely have to get myself unstuck for the next weekend of riding for saying this... I have to agree with Maxwell! Polaris let this year's release get coordinated by their accounting department and it shows! They even went backwards by not offering LE models. I like my 2016 Axys but when looking to buy a 2018 three years later to have nothing extra, not even a token effort at creativity and continuous improvement is sad! Doo might not have it perfect but they at least got some new features just one year after releasing a new motor and chassis. As with most manufactures, I'm sure bugs will get worked out in subsequent years as more experience is gained.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a Polaris rider who also will likely have to get myself unstuck for the next weekend of riding for saying this... I have to agree with Maxwell! Polaris let this year's release get coordinated by their accounting department and it shows! They even went backwards by not offering LE models. I like my 2016 Axys but when looking to buy a 2018 three years later to have nothing extra, not even a token effort at creativity and continuous improvement is sad! Doo might not have it perfect but they at least got some new features just one year after releasing a new motor and chassis. As with most manufactures, I'm sure bugs will get worked out in subsequent years as more experience is gained.

So Doo is better because they held off giving people the Shot last year? And likely have something "cool" to add to the G4 for the following year like windshield wipers so they can offer something new each year?

Doo's marketing must be apart of Gillette. First offer two blades, then offer three and give it a cool name like Mach3 then offer four blades but go crazy and offer an upside down blade the following year to keep people coming back, all for the same thing that does the same job it did the year before. But it's cooler. Lol

All it seems they did was take a page out of Polaris's book. Two years after the Pro came out they offer the quick drive, then offered the LE option two years later with color choices and storage options. Now they offer a best in class 4 year warranty with free upgrades and people seem to ignore that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom