whats it like?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spending an entire year dreaming up what your favorite manufacturer is going to come up with next? its a triple! nono its a factory turbo!! haha nope its just the same thing you have had for years now but this time in matching summit colors LOLOL. Even the cat guys feel sorry for you this year THATS BAD. that's alright buttercup maybe 2020 is your year. Might get a mountain sled with a 16" wide track and 165hp. If the G4 isn't your thing I see cat even offers a mountain sled for 2018. Happy Flicking!

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spending an entire year dreaming up what your favorite manufacturer is going to come up with next? its a triple! nono its a factory turbo!! haha nope its just the same thing you have had for years now but this time in matching summit colors LOLOL. Even the cat guys feel sorry for you this year THATS BAD. that's alright buttercup maybe 2020 is your year. Might get a mountain sled with a 16" wide track and 165hp. If the G4 isn't your thing I see cat even offers a mountain sled for 2018. Happy Flicking!

Probably not any worse than owning one of the POS 850 problem sleds that spend time in the shop.
The money they save on not buying 15 belts a year probably is good for enough bolt ons to get close to 165 and second year belt savings might even get you past 165. Three years of belt savings would be enough saved to pay to turbo a Poo.
As smart as you are you should know this!!!

Now don't hop over to the cat thread cause they are gonna lay a whoppin on the 850 doo without mods in both the performance and easily the reliability. Not remember that is not sayin a lot about reliability comparing to a doo.

But real information is not why you start a thread like this.
This is just about pickin a fight to say how great doo is now isn't it!

lol

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did you miss this Maxwell? Thought you would get track boner on this 20" of rubber. 25 % more footprint than a 174. Doo is so behind the times with their 16" tracks.

Attachments

• IMG_1627.PNG
    IMG_1627.PNG
    666.5 KB · Views: 567

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can't be any worse than owning an XM which was apparently the best sled ever by your standards Maxwell, or lack thereof.

Really the XM was a nicer looking XP that had 9 year old engine technology. The G4 has 10 year old suspension design. I am honestly surprised it doesn't have leaf springs and boggies.

The funny thing is Doo guys think the G4 is the cats meow. Wow they have pulled the wool over your eyes. Paying $16000+ for a turd. lol

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can't be any worse than owning an XM which was apparently the best sled ever by your standards Maxwell, or lack thereof.

Really the XM was a nicer looking XP that had 9 year old engine technology. The G4 has 10 year old suspension design. I am honestly surprised it doesn't have leaf springs and boggies.

The funny thing is Doo guys think the G4 is the cats meow. Wow they have pulled the wool over your eyes. Paying $16000+ for a turd. lol

Polaris built an engine with 8 years old technology.....called the Leanfire......most piston and cylinder skirts got regular updates :cool:

geo

Reaction score
Poo company is really just being good corporate citizens here (and pocketing more cash per unit to boot). You can't just have one mountain sled company and poo understands that now.

I'm sure Doo is breathing a sigh of relief here too (like Maxwell). It'll give them another year fix the couple of issues like fit and finish of wiring and sensors not staying in and plumbing and routing to keep leaks in check and,,, whether you need or don't need clutch covers and stuff and,,, stronger incidental stuff like coolant bottles, pull starts (probably the real reason for the "shot" if you think about it, less pull starter wear and issues) or whatever.

It'll give them another year to learn about flyweight shapes and other minor clutch stuff. Another year to figure out how to cast things (using their usual structural analysis team, the customers). Another year to find the PTO oiling problem. Another year to figure out transfer in a skid. Another year to figure out how many people really like the same sled. And,,, most importantly, another year to figure out the next price increase.

Good on Doo and I'm sure they appreciate everyones help too.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poo company is really just being good corporate citizens here (and pocketing more cash per unit to boot). You can't just have one mountain sled company and poo understands that now.

I'm sure Doo is breathing a sigh of relief here too (like Maxwell). It'll give them another year fix the couple of issues like fit and finish of wiring and sensors not staying in and plumbing and routing to keep leaks in check and,,, whether you need or don't need clutch covers and stuff and,,, stronger incidental stuff like coolant bottles, pull starts (probably the real reason for the "shot" if you think about it, less pull starter wear and issues) or whatever.

It'll give them another year to learn about flyweight shapes and other minor clutch stuff. Another year to figure out how to cast things (using their usual structural analysis team, the customers). Another year to find the PTO oiling problem. Another year to figure out transfer in a skid. Another year to figure out how many people really like the same sled. And,,, most importantly, another year to figure out the next price increase.

Good on Doo and I'm sure they appreciate everyones help too.

This post isn't a brand loyal slam (although I love doing those) . I am pretty sure Polaris is keeping the corporate purse strings tight due to so many RZR and atv and Indian recalls and product lines that were under-performing such as the Victory motorcycles. Been a tough couple years for them. I wouldn't expect much new stuff until they get their QA issues under control.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised with Burandt on your team hopping around like a cricket on cocain they couldn't come up with SOMETHING
hmm...changing your strategy...last year when you started the everyone flopped but doo thread you did not interject until everyone else was boiling and the thread Almost had as may pages as the g4 issues page. It will be interesting how long this one goes.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised with Burandt on your team hopping around like a cricket on cocain they couldn't come up with SOMETHING

what ever became of that geriatric that was doos poster child, or poster geezer for a couple years there, lol! did he croak?

Top Bottom