Whatch out for this company" Velocity Devices Inc."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escalade

Reaction score
Re: Watch out for this company" Velocity Devices Inc."

I have pasted their comments to me in this thread. I bought it and it failed and was not wanting that back on my machine and assumed I would be able to return, instead met with a belligerent man. Look at the things he has said , would you be happy?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have pasted their comments to me in this thread. I bought it and it failed and was not wanting that back on my machine and assumed I would be able to return, instead met with a belligerent man. Look at the things he has said , would you be happy?

No, but we don't know what you said to them to piss them off? Lets see ur emails to them.

Escalade

Reaction score

No, but we don't know what you said to them to piss them off? Lets see ur emails to them.

Sure Hi Melaney, I mailed the device back to you yesterday. At this point I have restored my machine back to stock and request a refund of the purchase. I lost time and a quad trip due to this unit not functioning correctly and do not desire to chance a repeat of the situation.

I trust this will not be an issue.
Regards,

then Hi Trevor,
We do not do refunds.
We will however fix or replace if needed.
Melaney
then me:
unit should arrive to you soon, I am not happy with the experience and would prefer my money back.I find it odd that I purchase a product and it is faulty costing me time and frustration and you state on the website Velocity Devices Inc. reserves the right to refund the entire purchase price, or replace the device at Velocity Devices Inc. discretion.
I am concerned for my machines performance after the failed performance.
them:
Hi Trevor,
Your parcel arrived today.
Give us a few days and I will get back to you.
Have a nice day.
Melaney
me after receiving no word only returned product:
Thanks for the communication you promised! This has been a nightmare for me and has cost me time and frustration! Only to have a parcel show up with a small note stating replaced wire harness? I am not confident to have this on my machine and now have invested time and money that I will never get back.

Thanks for ?

which brought on a onslaught f
of crap. Good service?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this is unfortunate man.... but this i know.... and its been like this for 30 + years... its standard in any industry like this or other to never give money back on any performance item that is sold... there is customer support and factory warranty but you are always stuck with any ELECTRICAL products you purchase... even from day one.... that is something if they dont list that should be listed in big letters, not in the fine print in the contract...

and its not just performance.. this is the same way in the buying a car or truck... you buy... its yours... there is no return of the unit... lemon or not... same with quads or whatever....

VDI

Reaction score
Website
www.velocitydevices.com

This op is a special character.He buys the product in March, uses it for a couple of months, and has an issue. We contact him within 24 hours to help him get it resolved. Once we determined that it sounded like it was a problem with the unit, we requested him to mail it back so we could test and confirm.

As he's mailing it out, he *thinks* that he deserves a 100% money back for this because he lost "confidence in the product". So on your first warranty claim on your ATV, the dealership just took the keys and cut you a new check?

We receive the unit back, box untaped, no contact info in the box, the "label" is a print out of the email we send, with two little pieces of tape holding it to the box.(Looks pretty suspicious like he's hoping it falls off in the mail and he can claim insurance on it).

We found that the harness was bad, so we replaced it and mailed it out ASAP, free of charge.And then he's ticked off because we didn't call him up to explain this to him? Why, so Melaney can listen to him whine how he wants a FULL MONEY BACK REFUND?
So then he goes on Google Reviews and posts a 1 star review because we take care of the problem, but didn't call him back?

I've been running this business for 11 years. I've heard ever BS scam line around. Here is a guy that needs money for something else and is looking for a refund. Beware customers like him. It's Walmart Test Pilots like him that cause price increases on everything.Notice how he left out the other half of this?

For the record, we only refund purchases if a customer receives an item, after working with him, we cannot get it to function properly on his machine. Which, BTW, never happens on a mature product like this one.

Lyle
President & CEO of Velocity Devices Inc.

Last edited:

Escalade

Reaction score

This op is a special character.He buys the product in March, uses it for a couple of months, and has an issue. We contact him within 24 hours to help him get it resolved. Once we determined that it sounded like it was a problem with the unit, we requested him to mail it back so we could test and confirm.

As he's mailing it out, he *thinks* that he deserves a 100% money back for this because he lost "confidence in the product". So on your first warranty claim on your ATV, the dealership just took the keys and cut you a new check?

We receive the unit back, box untaped, no contact info in the box, the "label" is a print out of the email we send, with two little pieces of tape holding it to the box.(Looks pretty suspicious like he's hoping it falls off in the mail and he can claim insurance on it).

We found that the harness was bad, so we replaced it and mailed it out ASAP, free of charge.And then he's ticked off because we didn't call him up to explain this to him? Why, so Melaney can listen to him whine how he wants a FULL MONEY BACK REFUND?
So then he goes on Google Reviews and posts a 1 star review because we take care of the problem, but didn't call him back?

I've been running this business for 11 years. I've heard ever BS scam line around. Here is a guy that needs money for something else and is looking for a refund. Beware customers like him. It's Walmart Test Pilots like him that cause price increases on everything.Notice how he left out the other half of this?

For the record, we only refund purchases if a customer receives an item, after working with him, we cannot get it to function properly on his machine. Which, BTW, never happens on a mature product like this one.

Lyle
President & CEO of Velocity Devices Inc.

Funny how its your product and your attitude that brings us to this point. I bought your hype and that is all I got. I do not drive my quad in March few do .

i installed it failed ruined my trip, and you seem to think that that is fine. In sales there is is a expectation of performance which you did not deliver and had you or your staff did what you said you would and called to review the fact that you do not refund ever even though your site says you do at your discretion, your lack of it is evident. You and I can rant until the cows come home but facts are facts and you are obviously not in this to have happy customers. Which should be any business goal.

Escalade

Reaction score

Also you have to purchase insurance from Canada Post to have any hope on claiming anything which I did not and funny how the post office had no issue with the way item was shipped but you do? Odd are you some kind of expert on scamming Canada Post to even think of and suggest???
The only scam that happened was your service.

Escalade

Reaction score

Finally I will not further engage you as it is clear you are what your actions show you to be.
This was a forum for education And communication not fighting. It's not the money it's the principle and lack thereof in which you displayed that I have issue with. I certainly will not re sell my blacklisted product of your company that you choose to walk away from to any one else. It will remain a conversation for all to hear. I will not resort to character slander as you have and hope all who read this see your colours.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds to me the dealer did step up to the plate and addressed the issue and functionality of their product and returned it back to you.

Not too sure what your gripe is about other than you feel you should get a refund on a product you purchased, used and was repaired after a fault.

Welcome to Life, if your truck has an oil leak the dealer isn't going to replace the truck or give you your money back they are going to fix it!

Sounds like buyers remorse is what your real issue is.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well I have heard both side. I have dealt with Lyle in the past. I see a member with 20
Posts here which shows no commitment to snow and mud. Sorry but I have to side with Velocity. He repaired the product. Sent it back. The fact that you have read the website and posted what their website states that they "reserve the right to refund" states it all right there.

Escalade

Reaction score

No my issue is that his staff said she would review a return and then did not.
There is a vehicle board called Camvap that can assist in return of a defective vehicle .
I bought and thought I had a good thing , did not and as seen in this post I am not alone with having this work out on a king quad.
So I now have a paperweight and that is how it is .

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You have stated over and over again what happened. You are making yourself look bad. I would just leave it at that and move on. If you want to look like a major jackass then keep going.

Escalade

Reaction score

No problem bud, however I went to site only after the great treatment I got. If you are told that they will review your request then do not and resort to this level are you going to feel good about it?
i only shared so others could know how this company operates. Yes it was fixed but after failing and being advised to have your own to back up the product would you want it on your machine? Other mods I have done certainly did not need this type of back up.
anyway he has my cash and I have his blacklisted product which due to his personal rant will remain a paperweight. I am interested to see how the Alberta Insurance Council feels about his warranty threats. But no need as I will never re install this product.

Escalade

Reaction score

It sounds like VDI did what they could for a miserable customer. I have a Holtz , 45 shot nitrous kit that will bolt right on to that cowasucky that will give it wings. $400 c/w full bottle.

Well I am intrigued but no thanks lol. This was simply a case of "do what you say" that went bad. Do not say your product is amazing then DELIVERY A FAULY UNIT. Then agree to review then do not communicate. If VDI did all it could do then this thread would not have begun.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'll give you $100 cash for that paperweight right now !!

Escalade

Reaction score

thanks, not for sale as I had mentioned earlier.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thanks, not for sale as I had mentioned earlier.

Wow, you don't want it then you want it then you whine about it?

Definitely buyers remorse.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WELL I FOR ONE WILL NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

they don't make on for my rzr

Hey VDI pm me if you looking for a rzr 900xp to do some testing from what ive read your product rocks and your missing out on the rzr market

Escalade

Reaction score

not whining, be clear I do not want this product, just wild not resell someone else. I wish your trip was ruined by this product to get the true meaning, only wanted product to do what they promised and guess what it did not or we would not be talking. I believe in offering a product or service for a fair price and delivering a good expectation of use. If I fail or my product does own it and be gracious. Clearly not the case here. I do regret buying it but only because it failed to do what they said it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom