What wouldn't you miss about working in the patch??

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here ive got the solution,,, alberta and bc separate together and between the oil, the mountains, ocean and port access we ll be the best, richest country in the world! Oh and why not throw sask a bone they seem to be up and coming.... All problems solved right???

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont miss working with lazie A--holes half my age that wont help..they seem to think being older means we do all the work.but I do miss the paycheques,,made more in 1 yr up northern BC operating a remote mid stream gas plant than in 10 yrs of being self employed..but couldnt keep my mouth shut about the lazy young man who carryed a 45 ..got canned,found out he was buddy with boss..wife told me to shut up,,should have listened.was self employed for 35 yrs before I sold my business and went to work for nabors.really liked that job..so did the wife.hmmmmmm gone for 14 days at a time..and she liked it ,,hmmmmmmmmmmmm

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really liked that job..so did the wife.hmmmmmm gone for 14 days at a time..and she liked it ,,hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Yup. The patch cost me one useless marriage as well. LOL. Paid for it in one hitch though.....

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Hey the Noralta camp was top notch! Bar, pool tables, good food, internet, top notch! I went to a camp in Grande Cache, worst camp I've ever been to. I'd rather sleep in my truck then stay there!

I've been in and out of this camp quite a bit in the last year and each time I come back it's seems to be going downhill. The lounge was even shut down for a while cause of staffing issues. I've stayed in better camps 15 years ago in the middle of nowhere, and all they were was old atco shacks pushed together. Atleast I got a room now with a share bathroom/shower instead of the public ones with snotballs and pubes stuck all over. On the bright side we got new blue towels instead of the old brown threadbare ones.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i forgot one, all the drivers out there will appreciate this one, 2:00 am snowing so friggen hard you cant see the end of your hood and then trying to squeeze a 14' wide load across a 12 'wide bridge.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but Alberta isn't the only place on earth that has a oil patch or is industry driven. I know several diamond drillers that make more then oil drillers. It's the narrow minded point of veiw of the ignorant I wouldn't miss.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but Alberta isn't the only place on earth that has a oil patch or is industry driven. I know several diamond drillers that make more then oil drillers. It's the narrow minded point of veiw of the ignorant I wouldn't miss.
Talk numbers dude. When diamond prices change, how many workers are affected?

(Thread is about what we would miss about the patch...not what I would miss about AB, BC, SK, etc...LOL The patch in NE BC is alive and well...IF you really want to be there)

Last edited:
Top Bottom