What would you do?

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was riding last weekend and my gear got very wet from all the snow and rain, on sat so that night I thought to throw them in the dryer on the lowest heat setting to help dry them at the hotel that I was at. Let it run for an hour and when I went to check on them, heat that came out of the dryer was like opening the door on a fire place on full burn. And low and behold it had burned and melt the entire leg of my riding pants and started to melt the fabric on the inside of my jacket. Took them to to front desk and showed them, all they could supposedly do at the time was just take some pictures of the damage and get it to their manager. Well it's Wednesday now and I haven't heard anything from them.
What should a guy do? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362632270.780027.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362632304.138560.jpg

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would call them and calmly, ask for the manager and remind him or her of the damage that was done by their faulty dryer.
That thing would have to be ridiculously hot to melt that fabric. Unless they had a sign saying " use at your own risk".
You can't ask them to pay the whole shot on new gear if yours was old but they should have some compensation.

Both motorfist and klim recommend washing and drying their clothes to maintain the quality and waterproofing.
You may want to contact FXR to get their opinion as well so you have some back up info.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are a big help willy...

I would insist that they replace your gear. Obviously the dryer malfunctioned.

And as for putting gear int he dryer, Klim recommends that you machine dry your gear.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim replaced my whole garment for free after 5 years. Guess I am a sucker.

Last edited by a moderator:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mighty1000,

Hope these people man up and make it right. If not, I would be curious as to which hotel this is.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep on them obviously an issue with the dryer temp control as it had to be retarded hot to melt your gear
If they don't man up display name if said hotel on every website you can find lol.
For all we know the manager was never even notified as they just told you they would tell him. May have just thought ahh he's pissed now but he will forget about it
I know any time the wife and I have had hotel issues the manager once notified was prompt in dealing with the issue.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank everyone I'm hounding them now since it don't seem to be getting anywhere yet.
It's a hotel in Valemount.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't take much heat to melt the outside layer of a snowmobile coat/pants. I would never leave something like that in the dryer even at low heat for an hour...more like 15-20 minutes. You maybe should have checked it after a few minutes and turned the dryer to no heat.

I wish you well but I think you are lucky if the hotel offers you anything.

Last edited:

rtk

Reaction score
the manager is lucky that all that happened is your clothes melted if the dryer is that hot the whole laundry area could catch fire

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy new gear and never do that again.... Learn from your mistakes.

No sh*t
But it still should have never happened because a dryer should regulated its temp when set on whatever setting its on, not get to the point of burning your clothes.

Top Bottom