What should it be?

hardcorex

Reaction score
Looking at buying a 600 class mountain sled and would like some feedback! Should it be the pro rmk 600 or summit etec 600? Both would be 154 or 155 track. Quite a weight and price difference! Which one will give me the best bang for my buck?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question.. Why 600 cc?

Looking at buying a 600 class mountain sled and would like some feedback! Should it be the pro rmk 600 or summit etec 600? Both would be 154 or 155 track. Quite a weight and price difference! Which one will give me the best bang for my buck?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed ... u want a 600 for the mtns ...

next you'll tell us its coz your concerned about fuel economy ...

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 600! I have a 2012 and the engine is strong, chassis is light. Dont be fooled into thinking you need an 800 in the mountains. You'll be surprised how much a 6 155 can keep up to a stock 800 pro. As far as skidoo vs Polaris I have ridden an etec 600 and it does not pull as strong as the poo. i would get a 600 pro its a great sled!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the Polaris, a good rider on a 600 Pro is unlikely to be left behind in a group of 800's. Not to mention more manageable power for a novice rider, better fuel economy, and the motors seem to have avoided the issues the 800's are plagued with. Anyone that doubts the capabilities of these machines hasn't ridden one.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I am a ski doo guy but I would definately go 600 e-tec xm, I rode one in Alaska at tailgate and at the end of the day they asked if I had seen the 800 and I said yeah I am riding it, they said no, i said yes, then I walked to the front and was wowed I was riding a 600 all day, I was at lower elevation obviously in Valdez but I was blown away...you won't notice weight but you will notice better durability and warranty. Sick sled! Try both then go with what you like...you really have to ride them these days as I see most guys doing stuff to their new sleds based on what they had to do to sleds in the past, every year the sleds get a lot better and riding them stock out of the box is the best way to save money and have just as much fun!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Food for thought, the 600cc sleds of today have almost as much hp as an 800 did 10 years ago with a lot less weight, better chassis/ergos etc etc. Both the Ski-Doo and Polaris 600's are excellent sleds. Go with whatever sled YOU like riding more and you can get a decent deal on with good after-sale dealer service.

hardcorex

Reaction score
Wife seems to like the feel of pulling over the pro easier than the etec, also thinks it has a nicer sitting position and ergos. To me don't matter I always stand

PowderHunter

Reaction score
Polaris 600 gets my vote. Took my sister's out for a couple rides last year and it surprised me. Plenty of power, light and great fuel economy. Rode pretty nicely aswell, was also pretty easy to carve and it got up on the snow very well.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Pro RMK 600 is a very capable machine in the mountains - my wife rides one currently, her last ride was an M8 that was modded. We've since installed a 660 kit on the sled, so no shortage of power. The egros on the Polaris are not made for sit down riding, and if you try to ride at slow speeds on the trail, it will run hot unless the scratchers are down due to the marginal cooling system. RTR weight of the Pro is 501 lbs with spare belt, jerry can (empty), and tunnel bag / tool kit (Weighed it yesterday).

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As pro doo as I am I would say if ur wife says she likes it better your choice is made you really can't go wrong with these machines they all go pretty good and they all break down one time or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAC'S

Reaction score
Im 6"1 230 and have a 2011 ski doo 600 etec and I can go almost anywhere my friends on 800's go. Upside to is the 600 Etec is dead reliable.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you had said "for the girls" from the start I wouln't ahve been such a douche about it ...

I'm a doo guy, but I've seen the 600 poo in the mtns and it was a great sled, especially with a smaller person on it. she was breaking trail up a creek !!! the guys were telling me stories about her going places others struggled.

a happy wife is a happy life ... get the poo !!!

and post pic's ...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you had said "for the girls" from the start I wouln't ahve been such a douche about it ...

I'm a doo guy, but I've seen the 600 poo in the mtns and it was a great sled, especially with a smaller person on it. she was breaking trail up a creek !!! the guys were telling me stories about her going places others struggled.

a happy wife is a happy life ... get the poo !!!

and post pic's ...
of your wife :)

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new cat 600 is very strong and has been really reliable, I would take a long hard look one of these

Top Bottom