What should i look out for when buying a snowmobile

SnowX51

Reaction score
wow, all of you are giving me a great idea of what to look out for! Butt, i have one more question... my uncle told me liquid cools are the best way to go because of the way there engines are built. Is this right?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well stay away from the Free air Machines,they tend to run hot! LOL!
catmando!
I had a 1972 440 Chapperal free air,was a real hotrod back then!

SnowX51

Reaction score
anybody got anything good to say about the ski-doo MXZs? I've been looking at them to

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if buying a cat be sure to get spare clutches and chaincase/drives for it :) And the yami's are real nice fit and finish and look good with a warn 2ooolb winch on front. :) :D

SnowX51

Reaction score
Great sled, tons of them out there over the years...what year are you looking at?

Well i was look towards the 1999-2001. I want hopefully somewhere between 500-700. Liquid cooled. But what do u think it would cost for those machines? under $3300?

Motogp

Reaction score
You should be able to find an MXZ for around that price, DEPENDING on mileage.

My input is to check what I would call the lines on the sled. Where side covers/hoods fit together and make sure nothing is way out of whack. If something doesn't look right or fit quite right then something is probably bent.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You may want to look at the 670 summit X in the same range of years. I sold mine last year for $2500.00 with a new motor.
The advantage of the summit is that the DPM adjusts the carbs automatically for altitude change. Get in to a 136" x 2" and you can go just about anyhwere.

You should be able to find an MXZ for around that price, DEPENDING on mileage.

My input is to check what I would call the lines on the sled. Where side covers/hoods fit together and make sure nothing is way out of whack. If something doesn't look right or fit quite right then something is probably bent.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Attachments

• side_backright[1].jpg
    side_backright[1].jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom