What Oil do you use in your E-Tech?

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the question was for an etec, but since I have not picked up my 2014 Summit yet, I don't know what I will use.
i have used Castrol two stoke oil in a 2002 MXZ 700 since new. That sled has 9500 Kms on the engine and has never been touched.
I can't say the choice of oil is the reason, or it may just be a really good motor.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use coop xls synthetic oil.

Smells , looks ect all the same as doo synthetic oil. And at 37 for a 5 l jug

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the question was for an etec, but since I have not picked up my 2014 Summit yet, I don't know what I will use.
i have used Castrol two stoke oil in a 2002 MXZ 700 since new. That sled has 9500 Kms on the engine and has never been touched.
I can't say the choice of oil is the reason, or it may just be a really good motor.....

I'm in a similar situation, last 2 sleds were ZX's one having 9000km on the engine before I took it apart for a rebuild that ended up turning into a big bore. That engine now has another 3500km on it and has only dropped 5 PSI on both sides in 3 seasons, which I'm quite happy with. Ran Amsoil since I bought them, which is why I'm thinking about sticking with it, but the Etech engine is a slightly different animal.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like every other thread on here about it you will find 90% of the guys are using the brp oil in them. I do too. The is no reason to go to anything else.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im using olive oil. My sled runs lean! Still can't seem to find an Amsoil dealer on my street...;)

Last edited:

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use ipone synthetic in all my sleds since 99 and knock on wood never had any issues. I will say that I had my buddy's etec apart to turn into a 860 BB and its one of if not the cleanest engines I've seen apart. He's been running brp syn since new and has around 5000 km's on it. I read an article last month (forget what magazine) but brp claims to have tested other oils against their syn oil and the only oil that was comparible was amsoil interceptor.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal guys. Run what you want but remember. The etec engine oil delivery system is computerized. This design uses less oil than any other previous engine design ever. Oil is put only where it is needed so do you really want to mess with varieties that were not viscosity calibrated or flow tested for this system at -40? I mean most guys are lucky to burn a jug and a half of it in a year. If you can't afford it can you afford not to run it? These engines ain't cheap when the warranty is up. I've always said run Doo oil in Doo's, Poo oil in Poo's , Yamalube in Yammy's and Cat oil in Cat's. Just my 2 cents....

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just make sure you bring in your jugs and they will fill them cheap at martins. Last time I was there they ran out of jugs so I bought a jerry can to fill with oil. They filled it way past what they charged me, so I basically got a jerry can for free.

like seriously, who doesn't need another jerry can. lol

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just make sure you bring in your jugs and they will fill them cheap at martins. Last time I was there they ran out of jugs so I bought a jerry can to fill with oil. They filled it way past what they charged me, so I basically got a jerry can for free.

like seriously, who doesn't need another jerry can. lol

HAHA, can never go wrong with another jerry can. I don't know of any dealers in SK that do this. I know the one is Stoon definitely doesn't as I stopped in there last year to grab a jug for my friend and they didn't have any in stock..... in February with 3' of snow on the ground. Told me they don't usually stock it, but can get some in a day or too. I shook my head at that one.

Top Bottom