What is the weight of the T3 's

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil was full and skidplate on it as well Fernie if you are looking to get right on the money?

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
On the self weigh DOT scale outside of Okotokos, the T3 174 with the stock suitcase weighed in at 469.36 lbs.

That was full of oil and coolant with an empty gas tank!

When I get it "ready to ride", I will take it back and weigh it again. The "ready to ride" will be my ready to ride and not the same as anyone else.

The Saga continues.........

DOT scale is not to accurate, your getting with in 10lbs of what Boost Monster posted if you add in the fuel weight but your sled has electric start. So if you take off the electric start weight and your weight difference your weight is around 30lbs lighter then what Boost Monster posted. Boost Monsters weight is very accurate as stock cans have be weighed lots and always 18lbs,

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is a dot scale not accurate? Even if it reads 50kgs before you roll on it, 50 is your zero.

I think the weights that were posted are good enough.

Thanks for your effort fernie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
DOT scale is not to accurate, your getting with in 10lbs of what Boost Monster posted if you add in the fuel weight but your sled has electric start. So if you take off the electric start weight and your weight difference your weight is around 30lbs lighter then what Boost Monster posted. Boost Monsters weight is very accurate as stock cans have be weighed lots and always 18lbs,

Just for the record you turkeys, everything was taken into consideration; the ES was 23#, the skid plate was 1.5#, the 8 liters of gas was 8 x 1.65# and the scale read out was 230 kgs.

Doo-ing the math, it came out to 469.36# with a spare belt!

As for the scale accuracy, I am pretty sure that DOT scales can be a statement of record in court, so those who still want to argue can go pound sand!

IMG_94671.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Guess not ehhh? Maybe ill hang around till this thread dies

Everybody has an opinion zeebers! Even whether or not the scales are accurate? When I get this baby "ready to ride", with the wrap, the HD rear bumper, machete, tools, LinQ brackets and a tunnel bag, a riser bag, windshield off, all the foam out, full of gas, and TheThing installed and full of shrimp, I will post again. I may even be able to run to the scale with it full of snow one day.................that will make for an interesting read, eh!

Then they can rant and rave all over again!

Thanks for the religious accolades BTW!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fernie'so is also a 163 is it not? So shouldn't it be even lighter?

The weight he has is more on par with the 220kg I posted with the other 163.

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Just for the record you turkeys, everything was taken into consideration; the ES was 23#, the skid plate was 1.5#, the 8 liters of gas was 8 x 1.65# and the scale read out was 230 kgs.

Doo-ing the math, it came out to 469.36# with a spare belt!

As for the scale accuracy, I am pretty sure that DOT scales can be a statement of record in court, so those who still want to argue can go pound sand!

View attachment 176012

My bad you never stated that you took off all the other weight considerations. Your weight is within 10lbs of the Boost Monsters weight then if you add full tank of fuel. And just for some info DOT scale is accurate to + or - 1% of weighed item.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie'so is also a 163 is it not? So shouldn't it be even lighter?

The weight he has is more on par with the 220kg I posted with the other 163.

And where did you get that piece of information from Danny? Read back and you will find it is a MacT3 174............I thank you for your contribution to the confusion of this thread!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And where did you get that piece of information from Danny? Read back and you will find it is a MacT3 174............I thank you for your contribution to the confusion of this thread!

Sorry I thought you had gotten the 163.

I can't read back anything in this mess anymore. :)

Enjoy your winter.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a mess but we have to remember the site is broken!

I will enjoy the winter and I hope the Poo will be enjoyable for you!

I know. I thought by going out of my way to find some weights I was helping. Guess not.

There is nothing wrong with stirring the pot a little but some people just take it too far and for whatever reason take exception to something that is really nothing.

Let's hope for lots of good snow all winter long. Maybe we can still get some of the Doo guys together for a ride and I can show them what a real chassis can Doo!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a MacT3?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know. I thought by going out of my way to find some weights I was helping. Guess not.

There is nothing wrong with stirring the pot a little but some people just take it too far and for whatever reason take exception to something that is really nothing.

Let's hope for lots of good snow all winter long. Maybe we can still get some of the Doo guys together for a ride and I can show them what a real chassis can Doo!

I'm up for that, I'll bring my tow rope.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What is a MacT3?

Brandon, that is the sweet yellow one! All the dudes who are locked on black didn't like the didn't like the initial fact that the T3 was only going to be offered in the bright yellow. Then BRP gave the option of two colors; black and red, and the original yellow with red. So came the internet name of Mac or Mc T3.......

Top Bottom