calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Originally Posted by Murminator
I agree but the front of the trailer tells a different story

I hear ya - I opted to put checker plate on the front of the trailer

I bought mine with the checker plate on it for that reason to pertect the front of the trailer. Now guess what. That checker plate looks like A$$ now.Rock dents everywhere on it.Some of them even went off my tailgate and marked it up. urrrrrrrrr.Guess i shouldnt tow a brand new 5th wheel into the bush LOL.I will be buying a dirt skirt.Like others say i hate the look of them .

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy got a protector that has thin plastic strips instead of the "grass skirt" type. It works well to keep rocks and other debris from hitting the front of his new toy hauler. It is also easy to remove it as it attaches onto the hitch reciever.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a dirt skirt on my truck. I don`t really care for the look, but I do like the way it keeps the mud off my stuff !

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Grass skirt works awesome wayyyy better than the rock tamers my neighbour has everytime he hits a bump or hump on gravel road they drag and kick up more rocks he said they are good at keep hiway grime off but suck on gravel

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
I've had a Rock Solid receiver mounted tow guard for just about 5 years, and would recommend one. Definitely way better looking than the grass skirt style, and that Rock Tamer. Saw one at Princess Auto today, and there just plain ugly. No chips on my boat too, so it must be doing it's job.:beer:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So dirt skirt or mud flaps ??? What has everyone been using this winter??? And where can a guy get a good deal on an alluminum quick adjustable hitch ?? I've been looking everywhere for one of those too !!! :confused:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
So dirt skirt or mud flaps ??? What has everyone been using this winter??? And where can a guy get a good deal on an alluminum quick adjustable hitch ?? I've been looking everywhere for one of those too !!! :confused:

The skirt plugs up with ice and snow bad in the winter i'd go flaps

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phoned around today, thinking that I am going with "Rock Solid" over a dirt skirt.
And I found an adjustable alum. hitch too. Looks like I am all set-up now !!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up making my own. I'm into it for about 60$. I don't think there is any way to make these things look good, but it's a small price to pay for the front of your trailer. The trick is to make it easily removable so you look cool again after your done towing.:d

IMG_8643.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up making my own. I'm into it for about 60$. I don't think there is any way to make these things look good, but it's a small price to pay for the front of your trailer. The trick is to make it easily removable so you look cool again after your done towing.:d

View attachment 85641

Looks great, my trailer has line X on the front, the black stuff half way up. Seams to be working good on this set up. My trailer sits a little higher so it works good. I havent done much gravel yet. So time will tell.

Attachments

• DSCN0057.jpg
    DSCN0057.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0056.jpg
    DSCN0056.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom