What is coming in 2016??

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I think we are going to see......

Obviously the 800HO in a mountain chassis. but I think we are going to see a very mountain specific sled much the same as the Doo T3's.

So with that being said, 163"x3" and 174x3" options.

I also think you will see an honest effort in hitting the 400lb mark through the use of further carbon fiber products- ie: tunnel components. If you look at the aluminum sheeting being used on the top section between the heat ex changers it might as well be CF. People can say what they want about Polaris' use of CF product, but for the most part they have made CF work in their current applications- yes there have been some failures, but for the most part it works.

A 160hp, 400lbs sled is my prediction and to do that we are going to see a price tag attached to that as well in the neighborhood of $16,000cdn.

We will just have to wait and see how far off I am.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I think we are going to see......

Obviously the 800HO in a mountain chassis. but I think we are going to see a very mountain specific sled much the same as the Doo T3's.

So with that being said, 163"x3" and 174x3" options.
I also think you will see an honest effort in hitting the 400lb mark through the use of further carbon fiber products- ie: tunnel components. If you look at the aluminum sheeting being used on the top section between the heat ex changers it might as well be CF. People can say what they want about Polaris' use of CF product, but for the most part they have made CF work in their current applications- yes there have been some failures, but for the most part it works.

A 160hp, 400lbs sled is my prediction and to do that we are going to see a price tag attached to that as well in the neighborhood of $16,000cdn.

We will just have to wait and see how far off I am.
They would be wise to get a protype for Demo rides this year to drum up interest as Doo did so successfully with the T3

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It always needs to be lighter (but still strong and reliable), but i agree with the rest.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with the personal weight loss, lighter sled is nice too though.

Going from an 03 edge to an 11 pro was a huge weight jump, makes a person really enjoy the lighter weight of the new ones.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
This is a matter of opinion but if they're coming out with a new mountain model there's plenty of things i want changed. A lot of what Ive listed was rumors floating around other forums, but just adding power and 3" track would be lame IMO. The Pro chassis is great but always room for improvement.
37" ski stance would keep the masses happy imo, 36" on narrowest setting and 38" on the widest. A lot of guys throwing on 36" front ends these days and say it compliments the pro very nicely.
I honestly think that Polaris will continue to play the weight game, I think they've done a great job so far with the exception of the carbon fiber rear bumpers and drive shafts.
This is all speculation at this point but im hoping for a little more than just power and 3" track, but if that's all they do I still will be one of the first to snow check:cool:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Optional choices.... 163x3 16 wide,shocks, tether, moulded gas can & factory Turbo!!!!! I sure would add a new bull to the existing herd.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I was at the Dan Adams riding clinic this past weekend and Polaris were there with snowest trying the new 16, I didn't see the sleds but some major changes from what I heard , it's Definatly top secret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we are still two years away from a factory turbo, if they do go this way it would have to perform perfectly. The turbo segment has come along way since the 2011's. My guess will be a boon docker kit. If Burandt has it figured out and set up, that is what they will run. His sleds already are probably running a sub 400lbs at over 200hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is going to be like the axys..... ~90% all new from the ground up new with the 800ho.

they may go a different way with it than just slapping a huge track under it thoe.....maybe a 14" wide 2.75" lug track, 36" stance, taller spindles, a drop and roll. skid mounted lower in the tunnel....... a light nimble sled for the trees. for sure ive heard the 399 lbs a few times. probably fox airs for the top end models.

or else it could just be the axys bulkhead and plastic with the current tunnel and rear skid slightly different.

the one thing is..........there is a handful of axys switchbacks that are converted into rmks, by turbo manufacturers as well as factory sponsored hill climb guys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom