What do you bring?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got some essentials they really can't leave behind when going for a ride? Things you usually equip your quad with or throw in the box?

I always like to keep a hitch, tow rope, a face mask, tire fix kit and a little tool kit just in case.

When its gonna be a long day Its nice to pack some food and water as well I put two small jerry cans on my back rack.

IG650

Reaction score
Compressor, Gps and Leatherman multitool. Zap straps used them for fastening nerf bars and replacing cv boot clips. Basic tool kit, 10 miles or 60, either is a long trip to limp back.
Anyone got some essentials they really can't leave behind when going for a ride? Things you usually equip your quad with or throw in the box?

I always like to keep a hitch, tow rope, a face mask, tire fix kit and a little tool kit just in case.

When its gonna be a long day Its nice to pack some food and water as well I put two small jerry cans on my back rack.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't for get an extra pair of gloves and a First Aid Kit you just never know, I also carry an small axe, flash light, knife and every thing that the other 2 guys said. Seems like a lot but every thing packs nice in a proper canvas bag. water or some thing else to keep you hydrated. You might want to carry a lighter to start a fire and have a Winne roast.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly, multi day trips I try to have a 1st aid kit. And other little nic knacks to bring along too.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I have a watertight container that carries my tool kit, first aid kit, registration, a multi tool and matches (you never know). I also carry some tarp straps, tie down straps (they also work good for extending length for my winch) a flashlight, extra pair of gloves, hat, a can of ether (for seating tire beads) and lets not forget A SPARE BELT....
There are more I carry depending on the ride and where but this stuff allways goes.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what everyone said plus I always got a spare tie rod end ( inner and outer).

Sent from my pimpin iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pull start on the Gizz's so I carry booster cables as well.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did nobody say toilet paper the garss and leaves hurt:d I am going to bikes this year and have to lrean to pack only the nessery things as its in the back pack and the small rack made for the rear fender that holds my tool pack or a six pack cooler.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chain saw verious nuts bolts mraking tape duct tape elecritcal tape gas oild chain saw oil belts spark pulgs knife hatchet booster cables chains tow ropes gps cell phone tire repaire kit filter sntach block lighter flint zip ties hay wire gasket maker works good for cvt joints flash light

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ben, you forgot your tent, truck, trailer and spair quad.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and a little fold-up shovel and tow strap under my seat. ...under my seat so I never forget it.

country_shorty88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
army collapsible bucket
rain jacket (cattle yellow one; u never know if match trees if lost)
tow rope
matches
small wrench set
insurance
water and lunch

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might also bring a change of clothes and some splash pants/ splash jacket.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i said it on one of the previous threads , but a orange plastic garbage bag .
they are quite often in survival kits for many things, waving down helicopters / search party's , three holes you got a rain coat, some thing to collect rain water, at the vary least you have some where to throw all your muddy clothing at the end of a long trip.

edit: if your bringing a spare belt you better have all the tools necessary to put the belt on . torx on the canams , the suzukis stupid foot braces tend to rust / have too much lock tight , so you should have a ratchet with some leverage . speaking of ratchets i try to carry a breaker bar instead of a ratchet (even expensive ratchets dont last if there bouncing around in a quad box)

also you should make sure you have a socket for your lug nuts in your kit

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most everything people have said.
Also extra food
Cigars and a drink..
Flare gun and bear blasters

Top Bottom