What did you Doo to or for your XM today……..

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those wondering about the LinQ Jerry issue I had, it looks like it was a one off durability issue. I've used the "new" jerry for 6 days of riding (the sled has been rolled, jerry can stepped on, taken on/off multiple times both on and off the mountain, clean and caked with snow/etc) and I've had no issues with it whatsoever. It's a great piece of kit that stays very secure, and I fully recommend it. I might even put one on my ZX sled when I mountainize it this summer.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Just picked up one of the last Summit SP 163 in Alberta....all you guys cleaned me out of full body skid plates and pre-vent filter kit lol. Anyone have a hook up?

yammyman

Reaction score
Riverside Honda had an sp orange full skid plate last week, hanging around the showroom floor!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ticked over 1000km and 30hr today. What's the deal with the belt, should I look at changing it just due to the km? Wait until it blows?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ticked over 1000km and 30hr today. What's the deal with the belt, should I look at changing it just due to the km? Wait until it blows?

You should be able to get upwards of 2000km on that babe.

Check your deflection making sure the top is about an 1/8" above the secondary. That may be the first indication that you get before it disintegrates.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I haven't seen a belt physically blow since 2008. It will most likely just start pulling cords or de laminating. I do 3000km per belt then switch and use it as my backup. I think 3000 is a great life for a belt and totally achievable on these new sleds. Some of us have done 5000+ on a belt

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a belt physically blow since 2008. It will most likely just start pulling cords or de laminating. I do 3000km per belt then switch and use it as my backup. I think 3000 is a great life for a belt and totally achievable on these new sleds. Some of us have done 5000+ on a belt

I had 1500 km on my freeride belt and it was still in awesome shape, the turbos new belt just crossed over the mark where the last one blew but i notices i lost my little wrench too so i think it flew out scarred the belt causing it to fail

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

x2 I never blew a belt yet on any xp's, keep riding it.....set the deflection is right.........

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Just picked up one of the last Summit SP 163 in Alberta....all you guys cleaned me out of full body skid plates and pre-vent filter kit lol. Anyone have a hook up?

Don't bother with the full skid plate just get the extreme it works better. Snow builds up bad in the full one, adds weight and freezes your steering sometimes

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with the full skid plate just get the extreme it works better. Snow builds up bad in the full one, adds weight and freezes your steering sometimes

I had the extreme on my 12 for the same thinking but I have the full one on my 13 I think the full adds better floatation and keeps the front up while traveling slow IMO, it does protect a bit more and no build up on mine so far just kick the bottom all the snow comes out but I did rip the full off my 08 haha''

when's the next ride buddy?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have the full one or rather the great big wide sucker. The more protection the better and this season has been a good reason why as we are still turning up roots, stumps and rocks.

Most nights my baby gets put into heated storage and it is no problem. On the occasions that I can't have the heated storage, I make sure the underside of the sled and between the skid plate gets cleaned out. Just sort of like the tunnel ice build up thingy……:hmm:

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where have you guys been attaching the scratchers? Pictures?

Just finished mine up 15 minutes ago. I drilled the main bolt for the scratcher 1.5" away from the bolt holding the idler wheel. If I had to do it again, I would have mounted the main scratcher bolt 1.75" away from the idler wheel bolt. Then you will have lots of meat on the rail to hook them up when not using them. Mine work good, but not much safety factor there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 284

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So today I did scratchers, full skid plate, and BRP's ridiculously overpriced pre filter kit. Hopefully the HPS can comes in tomorrow...

deeker

Reaction score
Just pick up a 163 xm yesterday first 2 stroke since 08. Can't wait to get her out. What a sled wow. Haven't done anything to it. Think i will just leave it and see how it runs but love it already its cool

Top Bottom