What did you do for your ATV today?

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally finished waterproofing my audiotube today.

Its basically been finished for some time now but today I put the silicone around the elbows which was all I needed to do to complete the project.

View attachment 93113

I made it as "quick-tatch" as possible while still keeping the wiring as clean as possibe.
View attachment 93114

Another picture of the "quick-tatch" connection
View attachment 93115
The otterbox and mount

View attachment 93116

Another look at the otterbox and mounting
View attachment 93117

How is the sound? What's all in side?
Just round pipe?
How did u build more info if you don't mind.

Last edited:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the sound? What's all in side?
Just round pipe?
How did u build more info if you don't mind.

It sounds good, it could sound better with 3 way speakers instead of 2 way like mine are but its still good. As long as you dont get much above 50mph otherwise the wind noise gets too loud, but how ofter do you go over 50 on a trail?

Start with 6" PVC and a couple 6.5" speakers. You can use schedule 40 PVC if you want but I went with 6" sewer because it was cheaper, and on sale that day:d. 2 90 degree elbows and a 10' piece of PVC pipe. the most tricky part is cutting (2) inserts for one end of each elbow so you have something for the speakers to screw into (because they have to be cut perfectly straight) glue the inserts in one end of each elbow. then drill pilot holes for the speaker screws so you dont crack the plastic (if you use sewer pipe the screws will go right between the inserts and elbow vs. schedule 40 being a little more to screw to) I used a (300amp?) motorcycle tunes amp to power the speakers. place the amp on a 2x4 and angle the bottom of the 2x4 to sit fairly flat on the bottom of the pvc, then screw the amp to the 2x4 and the 2x4 to the pvc.

you can wire it how ever you want (if you want it switched or not and if you want to use a 12volt plugin like many people do) I ran 2 strand cord from the battery to the switch then the amp so I can run the stereo with the machine off. screw the elbows to the cross section PVC so you can remove the elbows to work on wiring or tune the amp if needed. silicone around the elbows and cross section of the PVC and I used caulk stripping around the speakers and switch. You will also need a cable that goes from RCA jacks to headphone jack and I bought an extension cable that went from male headphone jack to female headphone jack. Also if your using an Ipod you will want a waterproof and dustproof case I went with otterbox and a RAM mount. any more questions feel free to ask. It all depends how nice you want it and how you want the layout. Check youtube for some videos and you will find some sweet designs. search audiotube or audiopipe.

(Once again my dumbass forgot to take any pictures during the project build.) Good luck and keep us posted if you decide to build one. I could make a video on mine if you would like.

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked on her at the mechanics. I think they realize how much I miss it.....tomorrow or monday and i will be loading it up and bring it home

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the process of mouting my custom RD rad relocate kit with a new snorkel set up running in behind the rad.....stay tuned.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the rear diff on the kingquad to replace rubber boot on drive shaft. Replace both back axles and all bushings in the rear. Waiting on bushings for the upper a arms and she will be ready for the long weekend. Picked up another rhino axle for the front of my outlander cause I'm and idiot trying to pull out a half ton with it and a little hard on the throttle. Thanks to rapid revolutions for keeping them in stock. Now I just have to break the stock back ones so I can put rhinos in and a lift kit.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replaced the rzr front tie rod ends
Grease job and changed air filter

lander800

Reaction score
Went to Rapid Revolutions to buy my 28 in Zillas and had them mounted. Got a pretty good price on them also, thank to Rapid for the quick service and the good pricing.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Rapid Revolutions to buy my 28 in Zillas and had them mounted. Got a pretty good price on them also, thank to Rapid for the quick service and the good pricing.

How much did they charge you? looking for a good place to buy tires as well.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much did they charge you? looking for a good place to buy tires as well.

Mounting, valve stems and lug nuts are free at Rapid Revolutions. I got my 28" Zilla's on 14" ITP SS312's (for my XP) for 1000 bucks OTD.

lander800

Reaction score
I paid 596 for the 28 inch Zillas with everything included(Tax, mounting, and valve stems) The only thing is that the rims and tires have to be off the quad for that price. I thought it was pretty good and like I said great service from Rapid too.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well lets see. picked up the commander last weekend.

friday I ordered twisted stitch 42" rear bench with D style headrests and matching front seat covers. then I ordered a TCB rear cage extension with bolt on cooler rack, and then a SSV overhead stereo, and then a bar to mount 5 point harnesses for the front seats, and then 2 crow 3" kam style from 5 points and 3 2" rear latch style harnesses, and then some custom yellow tie rods, and then a 40" Rigid LED light, and then pro armor doors and black anodized panoramic rear view mirror. I also installed a warn XT 40 winch and the can am 1/2 windshield. OH HAPPY DAY when the trucks start droppin off my goodies.

next on the list is a STM clutch kit, MUzzy sport exhaust, muzzy black box and uni filter. should be one hell of a ride when Im done

going to get a custom aluminum roof made for it when i get the cage all put together

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got her a new set of shoes!!!!!

Swamp lites...27-11-14's....can't wait to see her fling mud!!!!

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed a new pinion bearing and seal in the rear axle (had a front wheel drive for a bit:eek:) Then find out I will definitely need outter axle bearings too...Oh and going to change out both diff oil after supper!!!:d

Top Bottom