what boots to buy

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like peoples veiws on what are a good pair of boots for trail riding i was looking at the alpinstars tech 7 anyone have these boots what are they like or the fox f3 boots thank you for any info john

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got Alpenstars and Thor Quadrants in our group -happy with both of them for trail ridin'. If it feels and fits good it'll work for ya.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you for the replys i will have alook at the thor boots

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the same Thor boots now for about 11 seasons and still work great I really need to ride more maybe:d

hamwallet

Reaction score
If you're talking about the boots from Blackfoot, don't buy there. They are way to overpriced and you would get them cheaper if you ordered online from the states.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Tech 7's......LOVE THEM!! My buddy has the Thor Quadrants (Good boot for the $$$), but after trying mine, he says he would rather have the Alpinestars!!
Like said before...both are good..find what feels the best for you..

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3rd season on my Tech 7's and they're great. I only had to replace 1 buckle so far and they're really comfortable but still have good support. Well worth the money.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you again for the helpfull replys i will go for the tech 7's then also look into buying from the states:specool:

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 2nd pair of thor quadrants, they are good for how cheap they are however I have a serious problem with the buckles snapping off on me!! Also had a foot peg stab my boot pretty good, and yeah, my foot swelled up black and blue and couldn't wear shoes for a while :( Other then that, I find them comfortable and as long as you adjust them right so they fit properly their okay, I would buy other ones if I could afford more then $200 for boots but I'd rather dump the money into my bike!

Waxy

Reaction score
I have the Sidi's, Crossfire I believe, and I really like them.

They have the solid plastic exterior which offers awesome protection against any kind of impact, but also supplies support, like an ankle brace, from twisting or hyper-extension. One of the best parts about them is that unlike most other boots, they don't require any kind of "break-in", just put them on and ride, they'll be super comfortable from day one. As an added bonus, they're about 95% waterproof too, you have to pretty much be walking around in the water for a while to get wet feet.

I'm going on 6 years with mine, and they're still in great shape. You can buy complete replacement parts for them though if you wear them out or damage them.

Waxy

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Sidi's, Crossfire I believe, and I really like them.

They have the solid plastic exterior which offers awesome protection against any kind of impact, but also supplies support, like an ankle brace, from twisting or hyper-extension. One of the best parts about them is that unlike most other boots, they don't require any kind of "break-in", just put them on and ride, they'll be super comfortable from day one. As an added bonus, they're about 95% waterproof too, you have to pretty much be walking around in the water for a while to get wet feet.

I'm going on 6 years with mine, and they're still in great shape. You can buy complete replacement parts for them though if you wear them out or damage them.

Waxy

Right on buddy I just ordered a pair of Crossfire TA's :d My decision was influenced by my Sidi mountain bike shoes that have lasted forever and fit great from day 1.

Top Bottom