What are the best running boards?

Polarissleds6

Reaction score
Looking for some good running boards. My polaris boards pile up with a crap load of snow and I'm constantly trying to eliminate the snow. I really don't want to spend to much money. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388975540.946703.jpg

Sent from my IPhone

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have recently installed a WRP running boards on a buddies 2001 rmk,
easy install, good instructions, good price, great fit and they work!

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the Mod Rods boards on my REV this past off-season and they rock. Not as stylish as the WRP ones but they work awesome.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the Mod Rods boards on my REV this past off-season and they rock. Not as stylish as the WRP ones but they work awesome.
Same thing I put on my 11 and love them and less than half the price of air frames, van amburgs, or b&m's but you get what you pay for, you can't beat full replacement boards

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing I put on my 11 and love them and less than half the price of air frames, van amburgs, or b&m's but you get what you pay for, you can't beat full replacement boards

Yup I always remind myself of a) how bad they were before and b) how little I spent on them (and how well they work) whenever I find myself still annoyed with snow and ive build up. Wish I could do something about the ice that fills the footwells now.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Having a good set of boards is absolutely key to being able to maneuver your sled in the deep. You have a couple cheap options and a couple not so cheap options. I'm guessing this is for a pro? I personally like the VEI, CR racing boards and the Backus boards. A cheap alternate to the above 3 would be stock 13' boards which really suck, skinz or wrp.

Polarissleds6

Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the monster boards by mod rods, decent price. The ones right now I have are horrible I'm always having to clean the frickin things. Thanks guys.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went through the same mod, had Rat Sled boards installed on my 2012 Pro, but my buddy runs Air Frame boards and they are awesome.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I but the Burandt Boards on my '12 Pro and they work great. The only buildup is at the very back on the crossmember piece that goes back to the tunnel that isn't coated. Worth every penny.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did u guys use to cut old boards off your 12 pros prior to installing the new boards?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my bareboards. Similar to air frames but they are built right here in B.C. Canada

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did u guys use to cut old boards off your 12 pros prior to installing the new boards?

U cut the old ones off with air saw,or sawzall & rivet new ones on, pretty easy just takes awhile & lots of drilling :(

& a lot wider :)

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Having installed more boards than I want to think about, we were using a grinder at first but switched to an air body saw, 100% more better to cut off the boards!!!!!!!!;)

Jan

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Better Boards on my stock Nytro, and they were, well, better. Then I put a set of Skinz on my turbo. There is no snow build up...ever. They are a little pricey but work awesome. If you do go that way a sawzall with metal blade works well, but be sure to wear eye protection, they do throw up lots of debris. Also, be careful putting the screws in the tubes, it is easy to break off heads. You may try a slightly bigger drill bit on the larger tubes. Good luck.

Top Bottom