what 2 stroke oil?

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2005 summit 800 and was wondering what people run is simular machines for 2 stroke oil??

I have an old 97 summit as well but have never been too picky on what I use in it. I have to admit, i use mostly UFA 2 stroke oil in it, many of you may criticise for this but i have used it for years. Also used it on an old 583 mach and took to top end apart one day and had never seen an old engine look that clean.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use amsoil. Started with HP injector oil then switched to the interceptor. Been using it for 4 yrs on a 04 rev shx 800 and 00 Polaris rmk 800. No problems yet.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ski doo recommends xp3 is that just because it has their name on it??? I think castrol makes it.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been using Shell Advance Synthetic for about 5 years now,,No problems yet! My Doo dealer did tell me that Doo oil is made by Castrol.

Dzl

Reaction score
Have been using Shell Advance Synthetic for about 5 years now,,No problems yet! My Doo dealer did tell me that Doo oil is made by Castrol.

I used the same all last season on my 01 summit 700 and no problems at all. Rave valves looked great.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Used it last year as well.

I have no problems with it. Clean burning and low odor once warm. Also approved by all major sled makers.

Will continue to use it. It's easily accessible, relatively cheap (esp on sale!), and works. Simple as that =)

Irex73

Reaction score
Well Jay if you listen to the ones that want your money they will rip U with synthetic. I have gone thru 18 sleds,14 doo's and have never used anything other than Castrol, at half the price of synthetics. All my sleds were bought new and only 2 blew, which had nothing to do with the oil. If a motor is goin to go it's goin to go synthetic or mineral doesn't matter.
Just one opinion that goes back to 1972. My new 800 XP will be burnin the same thing regardless what the dealer may say. I have never ever heard of a warrany being denied for the kind of oil used.
RN

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how things have changed. Back in 68 when we started riding, we would throw a quart of 30 wt car oil into the gastank before we filled it. Then I would stand on the bumper,grab the handlebars and shake the bejussus out of it, to mix it. Now we need 15 dollar a liter synthetic oil. Isn't progress great,LOL.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how things have changed. Back in 68 when we started riding, we would throw a quart of 30 wt car oil into the gastank before we filled it. Then I would stand on the bumper,grab the handlebars and shake the bejussus out of it, to mix it. Now we need 15 dollar a liter synthetic oil. Isn't progress great,LOL.

DEAD ON!!!

12.50/liter oil
1.23/litre fuel
look on the bright side....in Canada we don't have to worry about the
hospital bill....always gotta look on the bright side.:d:d

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We run Amsoil Dom. @ $8 / liter I dont think its too bad to go with! Buy it by the barrel!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if I was riding a Doo and believed all the propaganda that comes out of Quebec I would probably use Canolla or Mazzola. These machines are so environmentally friendly that it only stands to reason that they should only burn natures finest and cleanest lube! :d:d

:):)

I'd burn only Shell Advance Ultra Snow synthetic. ;)

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsoil in everything I got...Sled ,truck,bike,quad...It doesn't matter.I'm sold on the stuff.

Reaction score
Some food for thought regarding oil brands and exactly WHO makes what.

Back in the late 80's or early 90's when dodge teamed up with cummins , a buddy of mine says to me " Yup, I'm not payin that ridiculous price at the dealer for mopar 15-40 oil. I'm goin straight to cummins in the city and buy this "genuine" Cummins oil buy the pail".. I ask him one question that has him quite confused.. I Say " Wow, i didn't know either mopar OR Cummins had refineries... End of conversation. lol

Some stuff out there is the real deal , but on the other end of the spectrum if you've got a knuckle , pan , shovel head or an evo, and you buy "Harley Davidson" oil (lol) ..Then you obviously got more money than.. well you know.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found out my sled (01 summit 800) has been running blue marble for the last couple years, i pulled the rave valvels and they were pretty clean, just a little oil on them and even less carbon, my problem is i cant justify paying $40 :eek: a gallon for it, i'm thinkin of just switchin to the ski-doo mineral oil, or some amsoil dominator

Top Bottom