Wetaskiwin Sno Drags (pics- info)

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much for sled talk and I see you are also a fan of the ever popular
STAR _ _ ores Trilogy:D:D

OHHH MY FAVORITES................I always loved OBIONE KANOBBIE.....Wrath of the blue weiner series..........

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
next year i think alot of members will show up....I'm now a "so called groupie" :)

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How cool is this post!!!

Wetaskawin was fun, long going 2 days, but fun. Deano and Bigdawg came over to introduce themsleves. Ran into a great guy I grew up with in Leduc and turns out be the one and only 162Skidoo right here on S&M. Thanks for the pics! Great to see you there. Now I expect you guys to be out racing next year. We're going to need some S&M/Summer Sucks stickers for sure. Maybe a small tent so we can look cool!!??

Both Alberta Beach and Wetaskiwin have their good and bad points. Weather sure was not the best for Wetaskawin...from a riders perspective anyway. Snow was melting fast and made the parking lot/staging a mud bowl. A handful of guys didn;t come back the next day and didn't tell the officials. Ended up wating at staging for guys that were not there. At least the track was good, not ice like last year, and racers were all good.

As some of you know my ZR has always been pushed to improved due to my "lighweight" aluminum idler wheels. It's a tough race for the heavy ZR. I also entered it into Mountain 800 this year. It's a fast sled for a stock motor, but the lighter sleds get the jump on me. Especially the 152 horse power XP's. I can keep my position and not lose ground, even gain a tiny bit of ground in some races, but not quick enough to win. I have 2 choices, one of which Deano offered to help me with...go big iron under the hood. Other is go back to stock idlers and run stock 800. Really think I would do well in stock 800.

My Crossfire 600 did very well. I had done some secondary work without a chance to test so was running blind for the first races in stock 600 and improved 600. Took both of those easily on saturdays elimination rounds. Was underreving but lived with it since it was doing well. Sunday the sled changed for some reason. Temps had gone from 10C on Sat to about 5 on Sun. Sled was a little bit doggy and I think the underrev was not liking the cooler temps. Noticed it most in the hole shot and from about 250 feet on. 4th in improved stock (with my stock 600) and a third in stock 600. Lost to an F6 (no, not the cheater guy from AB Beach), which I could expect. 2nd went to a young guy on a Nytro. His body mass (or lack of) was an advantage for him. He was so excited. I think it was his first win. I was happy for him. It was a good clean race. What more could you ask for. Prize money turned out be quite a bit more than I expected!! Bought milk, beer and dinner with some left over. They have 100% payout at Wetaskiwin. Obviously there were a lot of 600's this time around.

Other than the mess the warm temps made, and some problems with the lights now again, it was a great race. 2 days can be exhausting, but the 2nd day goes fast with the finals.

I really hope more of you get out and try it. Very addicting. I would love to see an S&M team, maybe a little S&M support!!?? More the merrier and payouts would be bigger. Looking forward to seeing that 162Skidoo and the Deano/BD cookie sheet next year.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol...look at the snow flap....I couldn't make it out this year...maybe next year, i'll race :(

That damn snowflap!!!

I added a piece to the bottom and it constantly gets caught up.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was sure fun....and as for pitching a tent...i took care of that when i saw that Mod "SHARK" run..........:Cla::specool::alol2:

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure if some HOT chick was waving at you, you would jump off to get her number or one step better go on a date:perfect10::PDT_bud:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure if some HOT chick was waving at you, you would jump off to get her number or one step better go on a date:perfect10::PDT_bud:

Its amazing that in the short time you've known me you'd realize what i'd do for a date............with a face like mine you have to go to the extremes!!!!
Thank god my dog loves me...

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to keep the love between you and the dog OFF of this site we don't need to know LOL

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to keep the love between you and the dog OFF of this site we don't need to know LOL

HAHAHAH :alol2::werd: at least i'm not telling about my hobbies or days spent on the farm.............nvmnd!!!!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its amazing that in the short time you've known me you'd realize what i'd do for a date............with a face like mine you have to go to the extremes!!!!
Thank god my dog loves me...

A face like yours? Is there something I'm missing, or DO I WANT TO KNOW? :confused:

CatRider

Reaction score
I wonder if Snow and Mud would consider buying/sponsoring a www.snowandmud.com sled into next years drag races. The members could choose a rider and help out with the wrench turning and tuning. The sponsoring should be a tax deduction for the site.

Just my $0.25

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you can count in at least 3 of us members here for next year on all the local races!!! With any luck here shortly we will be up and running and ready for the GRASS season. Deano is gonna have to change his name and Jersey here shortly:D;)

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Snow and Mud would consider buying/sponsoring a www.snowandmud.com sled into next years drag races. The members could choose a rider and help out with the wrench turning and tuning. The sponsoring should be a tax deduction for the site.

Just my $0.25

I think by the looks of it there will be a few sleds in here with S&M decals on em...i myself will be sponsoring some sleds as well as riding my own . If it gets me a date i'll run every class !!!!!:D

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well deano and bigdawg just finished a 83minute phone call about the racing situation in alberta. We are gonna hit it hard this upcoming year with probably 4 sleds. We are also going to try and setup a couple of other local races here so that we can run a 6 or 7 races year. It would be SWEET AZZ if we had some support from the members here at S&M. Maybe we are a little NUTS but we both would love to see some SERIOUS racing return to our ground here in alberta:D

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be in for helping out at the races Dean. Can't do much preplanning and such as I'm hoping that work will pick up and make me some fat overtime.... if not plan B comes in and that will take even more time up.

Top Bottom