Western Canadian Hillcross Association

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a few emails in to other similar sports and Motorsports associations, insurance is looking into what all is necessary to hold such events and we are nose to the grindstone on this, Facebook page is up and while it's nothing overly impressive yet we hope to get things moving swiftly, may hold some non sanctioned fun events to drum up more interest as well and the dates locations and times will be posted on the Facebook page . We know this is just an idea and going to take a lot of work and support, hope it takes off and gets going soon

aderry

Reaction score
What's the link to the Facebook page. Tried searching, but nothing came up.

Sent from my iPhone using

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please keep this thread updated, and I hope it stays close to the first page...

I think this would be great to have in western Canada
Hit over 300likes on Facebook, thanks to all who've liked our page, waiting on a few insurance quotes, days off from my real job are coming so hopefully we get some snow and with any luck get a venue meeting in, looking to get some WCHA logos designed if any of you are good with design feel free to shoot us your ideas on here or the Facebook page, I have my tattoo artist hopefully coming up with some ideas as well but I don't want the logo to look all trashy and non professional, goal is to get people's attention in a clear fashion not olde English fonts etc. love the interest people are showing and we're super excited to get this going, hopefully get an event in this season

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's so cool to see you are following thru with this :) I wonder if Tabor Mountain would be willing to host their event under the WCHA banner?!? Worth a try. Our meeting is on Monday the 28th, I will bring it up...

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's so cool to see you are following thru with this :) I wonder if Tabor Mountain would be willing to host their event under the WCHA banner?!? Worth a try. Our meeting is on Monday the 28th, I will bring it up...
That would be great thanks for the help, hoping to have this all ready to go soon, still waiting on the make or break insurance quote, if I get a chance today I'm going to call more providers though. Thanks for everyone's interest

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I brought this up at the meeting. There is some debate as to whether or not they are going to follow thru with the hillcross this year as they are in deep with two major projects and competitions in preparation for the 2015 Winter Games. In short, they are maxed out and tired. Also, with the low snow this year, they aren't sure they can make a course. However, if they do decide to do it, they will let us know. AND, if they do, they should have their official timing system working :)

We looked into insurance for our sled drags. The drag strip has their own facilities insurance. Our quote from Beacon Underwriting came in at $800. Not bad... PM me if you want coverage amounts etc.,

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing it up, we secured our insurance but as you mentioned with the low snow levels we may run into venue issues, a lot of emails and calls have gone out but not even a reply yet, haven't lost hope yet and we plan on approaching more but it's disheartening for sure

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing it up, we secured our insurance but as you mentioned with the low snow levels we may run into venue issues, a lot of emails and calls have gone out but not even a reply yet, haven't lost hope yet and we plan on approaching more but it's disheartening for sure

Do you have a list of possible venue's?? maybe we can get some input and thoughts for more???

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a list of possible venue's?? maybe we can get some input and thoughts for more???
I posted on the Facebook page tonight for input on this very thing, most I had contacted already but I tried other departments as well as a few other hills tonight I think the emails sent is around 15 and I will personally make calls tomorrow as well, I know not everyone is on our page and I will try and write more on here soon just hard to find the time at the moment

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a few replies and some good leads on the Facebook page and my email today, two potential hills are interested but I will need to increase insurance coverage which is not a big deal and get to talking things out before I can announce where and when events will be taking place, I will say they were both mentioned on the post where I asked where everyone would like to see events, both are great locations and we still are pursuing more venues in addition, at this point my main business partner has had to back out due to work and family obligations but another has stepped up and regardless of happenings I am personally determined to make this not only work but to make it sustainable but hopefully a mainstay for our sport, I would like to thank everyone who has helped and supported thus far and if I am slow to reply I am not ignoring I am just swamped with my day job and all that is coming with this venture. I would also like to thank snow and mud for allowing me to continue talking about this venture and definitely intend to become a supporting vendor and put in for a name change to WCHA but being I am the only financial backer at this time I would like to finalize at least one venue before getting a lot of my personal and company money involved in this regarding advertising.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago, I believe it was Nakiska (or norquay, i never remember which is which) had a snowmobile freestyle show. Never skied there so don't know what the hill is like, but they might be another place that would be willing to let us tear up their hill.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple years ago, I believe it was Nakiska (or norquay, i never remember which is which) had a snowmobile freestyle show. Never skied there so don't know what the hill is like, but they might be another place that would be willing to let us tear up their hill.
Thanks for your reply I will definitely look into it but at this time I may have enough venues to round out the short season and be at my investment limit, hope to make big announcements very soon

Top Bottom