West Yellowstone

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there Feb. 8-14. Pounded out everywhere and hurting bad for snow.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All,

I’m planning a trip to down to West Yellowstone this Feb 2014 and I am looking for some local advice as to where to stay. I am looking to rent a cabin that my group can ride from to the trails/alpine and can sleep 6-10 adults, couples and singles. I would like to be in West Yellowstone or at least within 5 miles or so of town.

:confused:
Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Rufer19

Reaction score
Check out Pine Shadows. We stayed there the last couple years. They have motel type rooms and also rent out cabins. I don't remember the prices, but were nice places to stay, staff is knowledgable and can them as a guide also.

Sent from my iPad using

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the cameras today shows at least decent snow. Most everywhere else is worse with warm days and possible rain in the forecast.

Who Dat Cat

Reaction score
West Yellowstone has not had any significant amount of snow all of February to date, plus warm temperatures. The streets in town are bare, making it hard to get around and out in the backcountry things are set up or tracked up. I was planning on going down on Feb 24th for a week, but not anymore due to the conditions. There are some really good pictures just recently posted up by Mule on the BCR site under the Montana/West Yellowstone thread which would give you a good idea of the conditions down there.

• Thanks
Reactions: css

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode West Yellowstone Feb 17-21. Conditions are terrible.
Unless Yellowstone gets a lot of snow soon don't waste your time, money, effort or sliders.
Rode with a fella that knows the area like the back of his hand. The average guys going down wouldn't find where we rode and maybe 12". Never been there before but if there was snow the place would be absolutely amazing.
Buddy called a few days prior to going down and talked a dealership as well as guides, they said snow not good in town but 2-1/2 ft up top so away we went. Nothing further from the truth. Place is packed totally packed out. I would suggest calling several different people to get a straight story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who Dat Cat

Reaction score
Rode West Yellowstone Feb 17-21. Conditions are terrible.
Unless Yellowstone gets a lot of snow soon don't waste your time, money, effort or sliders.
Rode with a fella that knows the area like the back of his hand. The average guys going down wouldn't find where we rode and maybe 12". Never been there before but if there was snow the place would be absolutely amazing.
Buddy called a few days prior to going down and talked a dealership as well as guides, they said snow not good in town but 2-1/2 ft up top so away we went. Nothing further from the truth. Place is packed totally packed out. I would suggest calling several different people to get a straight story.

No need to, I think your report would be very accurrate!.... I am going down tomorrow, just to put things away for the year. I will post on Friday, when I get back, to let you all know again, but I don't think there will be much difference. If there is, I might stay longer! The place is absolutely amazing when there is good snow! :d

Last edited:

Who Dat Cat

Reaction score
O.K., I'm back from West Yellowstone and went out for a spin on Thursday, 26th. Trailered out to Island Park to meet friends there, then headed up to Two Top and played in and around there. The trail was in surprisingly good shape from Island Park to Two Top. As long as it stays below freezing, the trails should hold up. Things around Two Top were set up, maybe 2 to 4 inches of loose snow. Getting into the trees, maybe a foot. I am posting some pictures to give you an idea of what things are currently like. When I was driving into town from the north, the trails there looked pretty thin. I think most places, you have to trailer out now. On BCR/Montana/West Yellowstone, there is a recent post by HICOUNTY, showing what the conditions are like north of town up high. Hope this helped. There is no doubt about it, for an extended season, they definitely need a BIG dump of snow!

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 303
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 303

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you know, but that Lodge is shut down now. Apparently they opened shop somewhere across the highway from that place.
Really? Didn't know that. Eat there and have a beer everytime we go down there.

polarman

Reaction score
I have had many Bud Lites and the odd cheeseburger there! I actually rode my bike down a few years ago and had a Cheeseburger on July 5th. Seriously we rode 1300 km for a Cheeseburger lol!

Top Bottom