West Yellowstone

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any know what the snow conditions like this year?

Dismal so far...worse than last year. Only about 1 foot of snow in town. You can look at live Webcams and search Sno-tel for current data.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dismal so far...worse than last year. Only about 1 foot of snow in town. You can look at live Webcams and search Sno-tel for current data.

I heard the same thing today as well. 1-2 ft in town with no new snow in awhile now. Groomers are starting to bring up the odd rock on the trails. Supposed to be going down on the 17th but may have to postpone to a later date.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the same thing today as well. 1-2 ft in town with no new snow in awhile now. Groomers are starting to bring up the odd rock on the trails. Supposed to be going down on the 17th but may have to postpone to a later date.

Pussy. A bad weekend of riding is better than a good week at work. I better see you down there. :D

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pussy. A bad weekend of riding is better than a good week at work. I better see you down there. :D

What? For another 3 days of trail riding again this year. Cripes I need a Summit for Revy riding and a Grand Touring for Yellowstone. Lol.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? For another 3 days of trail riding again this year. Cripes I need a Summit for Revy riding and a Grand Touring for Yellowstone. Lol.

We can arrange for that. Put some pink tassels on the handlebars......... Lmao.

toyz

Reaction score
we went to Missoula this year and road LOLO pass and Skokoho pass. Lots of untracked there, glad I went instead of West yellowstone. I thought Yellowstone was slow with people, I think we saw about 20 people total in 2 weeks of riding.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West Yellowstone snow........not good...terrain not very good either. Wish I would have saved my diesel and rode at home.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West Yellowstone snow........not good...terrain not very good either. Wish I would have saved my diesel and rode at home.

You down there now Bert? I was supposed to go but chickened out with the poor snow conditions. There is a big group of Albertans I know down there right now. It ain't no Eagle Pass buddy!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You down there now Bert? I was supposed to go but chickened out with the poor snow conditions. There is a big group of Albertans I know down there right now. It ain't no Eagle Pass buddy!

I am here. Alberta is here. Snow is poor...you mad a wise choice. We ride in the best trerrain there is but ya don't know till you go else where. All these rental dudes with hand signals and you know this isn't the place for people from our background. lol Flat assed terrain with speed limit signs on the trails. Was drag racing the wife on the way into town today and started getting worried I might see a cop with a radar gun. lol stucks just don't happen here.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am here. Alberta is here. Snow is poor...you mad a wise choice. We ride in the best trerrain there is but ya don't know till you go else where. All these rental dudes with hand signals and you know this isn't the place for people from our background. lol Flat assed terrain with speed limit signs on the trails. Was drag racing the wife on the way into town today and started getting worried I might see a cop with a radar gun. lol stucks just don't happen here.

Seriously and I mean seriously ...DO NOT SPEED NEAR TOWN!!! They will jump out from behind a tree and strike you down. Lol. And don't go in the park either. Lol.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously and I mean seriously ...DO NOT SPEED NEAR TOWN!!! They will jump out from behind a tree and strike you down. Lol. And don't go in the park either. Lol.
wow sledding is lamer here than I thoght. Still a good time with good friends but....better riding at home for sure. This reminds me of the foothills in Carbondale.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The terrain is what you make of it there is some awesome riding down there you just dont know where to go hire a guide next trip and you will change your view on Yellow

Little

Reaction score
I second the 'hire a guide' Even in a yr. with poor snow, good places to ride can be had. Last yr was poor as well in West.

I have place near Island Park, and it's not great there either.

Talk to Kurt at the Golden West Motel. If anyone knows the area, it's him.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a good area to ride.............................if there is snow and they haven't had that now for a few years in my opinion. You cant compare snowfall between there and Sicamous or Revy. JMO.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The terrain is what you make of it there is some awesome riding down there you just dont know where to go hire a guide next trip and you will change your view on Yellow

We rode all terrain here. Don't worry we were in the big bowls and the climbs. I just don't need to drive all this way when we have that and more at home. Snow can make a difference for sure. 140k today and scratchers down the whole day. I will take the big mountains of BC any day.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a good area to ride.............................if there is snow and they haven't had that now for a few years in my opinion. You cant compare snowfall between there and Sicamous or Revy. JMO.
That is right Ken, no comparison and the biggest country we found was kind of like Blue Lake which is considered a family area. It isn't in the same league as Eagles despite what some may think a gude will get you for sure.

Some of your customers are here, they will be stopping by MR R's with blown engines from the low snow overheat conditions. lol

Top Bottom