West Yellowstone

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Its a cool place, we were there in the 90's and arctic cat was shooting some pics for their brochures there.....was a nice warm day that day.

We used to go on the february long weekend which I think is presidents day in the states and all the manufacturers would be there....testing new iron.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have to dig up the pics of two top and lionhead mountain..... the groomed trails go right over or around the mountain play areas..... lots of mountain areas to hit as well.
Thanks, we are going in Feb. Somehow I got to be the organizer. Never been but it sounds like a great place.
I noticed your location Morinville. One couple going with us is from Morinville and now making their home in Sicamous. Gotta love those oil patch jobs that let you live where you want.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks, we are going in Feb. Somehow I got to be the organizer. Never been but it sounds like a great place.
I noticed your location Morinville. One couple going with us is from Morinville and now making their home in Sicamous. Gotta love those oil patch jobs that let you live where you want.

Yup, its the snowmobile capital of the world.... you have to go once in your lifetime.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its 2 different types of riding......
I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Riding around town on your sled, the rustic shops and restraunts and friendly people. The snow was disappointing though. Last January rode in 2 ft of total snow at altitude. Loved the trail riding and stopping at pubs for a burger and beer though.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Riding around town on your sled, the rustic shops and restraunts and friendly people. The snow was disappointing though. Last January rode in 2 ft of total snow at altitude. Loved the trail riding and stopping at pubs for a burger and beer though.
Well we get our deep snow fix here so that sounds like something fun. We are also doing some riding in Whitefish area on the trip.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

That was obviously a bad snow year..... every time we went there was 10 feet in town and the people were having trouble getting to their houses....just like revy

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should have come in February, Ken. Was tons of snow then. This was just 4 hours of snow fall the one night.
uploadfromtaptalk1353414755133.jpg

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The elevation of west yellowstone montana is 6666 feet. To put that in perspective, the cabin at boulder mountain in revelstoke is at around 6000 feet and when you first break out into the alpine at the end of the trail is 6500 feet.

toyz

Reaction score
we were ther last christmas. snow was not great but still had fun. Getting burgers out on the trail was nice. Not many venture to far off trail so we still had lots of untouched snow. Going back this christmas as it is cheap there.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one got photos? I have been trying to convince my wife that a trip to west yellowstone.

Top Bottom