Terrace and Stewart

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the word from out in that country? Is the north west coast under drought conditions too?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I follow Last Frontier Heli-Skiing on IG, they operate in that area and as of a week ago, they were sitting on 150cms so far. With that said, Stewart is a long fuggin drive with a highway that can turn into a complete ch!t show in a hurry from weather. Phenomenal scenery though if you get clear skies. Pack an inReach too, when I was there last, cell reception ended at the Kitwanga turnoff and there isn't anything fuel/food/lodging for a long ways.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I follow Last Frontier Heli-Skiing on IG, they operate in that area and as of a week ago, they were sitting on 150cms so far. With that said, Stewart is a long fuggin drive with a highway that can turn into a complete ch!t show in a hurry from weather. Phenomenal scenery though if you get clear skies. Pack an inReach too, when I was there last, cell reception ended at the Kitwanga turnoff and there isn't anything fuel/food/lodging for a long ways.

Yah it would be a super long hike especially this time of year for short days!

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No snow up this way yet, looks like we might get some coming in the next few days. Pretty dry year so far.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a few photos from the guys we used to ride with up there lately, but looks light compared to most years.

If you are going that way, contact Colin at the The Sled Shack; great guy and used to guide us when we first started going until we got to know the area.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on conditions? Buddy is suggesting a trip up in a couple weeks.

Top Bottom