Welcome Back to the Upgraded site

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Logged in on www on phone and this is what I get.... Screenshot_20210520-002626_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there plans to be a standalone app, or just the mobile view? I like tapatalk mainly for the notifications myself. That, and I have a few other forums on there.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your work on the upgrade Ron. I read a lot of other forums that have went to the new XenForo platform and its a great move.

Reactions: RXN

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
One big issue we have that will cause delays is we have to upgrade our data base software. It was going to take another 3 hours minimum, and that time was not available so we are running with older software on that till the next few days. There was no possible way to do this as after looking at a screen for 14 - 20 hours straight things just don't work properly and that's when errors and frustration occur. We will be on the upgrade Friday night if possible, this is a server upgrade, and the version of VBulletin that we had would not take any more upgrades.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Posting pics, from one site to this site. Is WAY slower now. It shows the percentage of the down load, and then the picture and a preview pane, then need to scroll down further for replying. As well ctrl+v, I have to go to the new post box and left click to activate. The old way was always post ready.

For a Super Moderator Post Whore, time is of the essence for me .......... Just sayin :)

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Please try to install again. Did an update on the server. And when you see pics you can click on them they blow up a screen then when there's multiple pics they scroll through them all, its quite neat.
Thanks, will do.
I found the scroll feature already and love it.

Okay, now the same picture loads up fine.
Faster and easier than the old way.

Good job.....

20161010_092659.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks, will do.
I found the scroll feature already and love it.

Okay, now the same picture loads up fine.
Faster and easier than the old way.

Good job.....

View attachment 235731
So this was not a vbullitin or Xenforo issue, it was a PHP software issue on the server that Todo10 the developer discovered yesterday. Ferniesnow is going to be happy, so are we.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well, all I can say here is there is finishing touches to do, we are exhausted and need a few day break. I'm not sure if I'm exhausted from all the checking over and doing stuff or from the stress of the site being down probably both, but happy to see it back up.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Signature lines - I will investigate tonight.

Data Base - The SQL software we are running on is MySQL 5.4 it is from 2007, and way to slow for this software. It takes 3 hours to update and last night we couldn't go anymore, so I'm trying to see if it can be done tonight at 1 am.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike, try going to the site through the browser on your phone..... you may like that better than tapatalk.
Google Chrome works good on I phone or I pad

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can you tell if you are on lite mobile version or full version

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Odd issue with Tapatalk. Threads are coming up with the wrong name sometimes. I tried unfollowing and the following snow and mud, but the issue came back. Going to try uninstall and data wipe now to see if it still happens

This thread shows up like this in my notifications

Screenshot_20210520-083513.jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Odd issue with Tapatalk. Threads are coming up with the wrong name sometimes. I tried unfollowing and the following snow and mud, but the issue came back. Going to try uninstall and data wipe now to see if it still happens

This thread shows up like this in my notifications

View attachment 235751
Clearing data seems to have fixed it in case anyone else had the same trouble.

Screenshot_20210520-085312.jpg

Top Bottom