watch out when dealing with losers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well there is always two sides to every story but going to put this out on Snow and mud since we are both members here!

I sold a member a Go-pro camera. I had it up for sale and was going to take a bottom line of $130,( all mounts including suction cup mount, batteries and 2G stick)..well after getting IM from this member from low balling me, over and over.....I caved in and sold it for $115. it came with all the mounts from suction cup to velco ones, 2G memory card, and 4 lithium batteries. I took a few pics in the house with it, so basical this camera is new but was honest with the guy and said I have takin pics in the house with it but it has not been out side.

so he pay pal me 125 so I could use $10 shipping and shipped it to him on friday. used 1 day servise so he would get it on monday! he gets it and said the batteries are dead. I asked him to make sure they are warm. well I offered him his money back......he got all weird and said Im childish and should quit pointing fingers......I guess cause I said it all worked good on this end when I sent it. well this guy is bent right out of shape now and wont send the camera back but said he is going to let pay pal and his master card deal with it. and he will send they camera back when he gets around to it. I have all this in his e-mail to me as proof. my last E-mail to him was I will give him $5 to pay for half of the used bateries......he is still bent right out of shape and it sounds like he is going to stall this as long as he can.

so to make a long story short.....

-I offered him his money back...(he would be out shipping)
-offered to pay $5 for used batteries
-or he keeps camera and understands he got a steal of a deal and goes and buys some batteries.

all I know is it all worked on this end and was having second thoughts about selling it to him because of his atitude in the E-mail before I sent it.....you know when you get that feeling......but he already sent the money through pay pal so I followed through with my end of the deal......batteries dont go dead in a box on gray hound! I have sold lots over the internet and even here on S&M but not once have I had a problem with some one not being happy! I dont sell junk and most of all Im honest when selling something so it dont come back and bite me in the a$$........so what more can I do but tell my side to pay pal! I dont think it is fair to tell the members name unless everyone wants to hear it.....you can PM me and I can even show you all the E-mail on how this guy deals with people!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well of course people want to know the name, if for nothing else just curiosity, thats kind of a dumb question.....

I do however question why, if the matter has been resolved, create a public discussion around it.

Not that I'm complaining.... but your customer may

Last edited by a moderator:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this guy should give his head a shake and smarten up. some people are just plain don't get it there is always a buyer be were when buying used stuff and it aint your fault if it worked before, my opinion you in the right he's wrong. all this over some battries. hope you get it all figured out.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem has not been resolved! going to be dealing with pay pal over this acording from what the other guy says.......and nope it was not the freak lol!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you bending over backwards to be nice? He bought a used item. AS IS!! It needs batteries, so what. Put some new batteries in and test it again. If it works keep his mouth shut and enjoy a good camera at a great price.
If he does pull his payment then I would let his name out and see how he justifies his actions then!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you bending over backwards to be nice? He bought a used item. AS IS!! It needs batteries, so what. Put some new batteries in and test it again. If it works keep his mouth shut and enjoy a good camera at a great price.
If he does pull his payment then I would let his name out and see how he justifies his actions then!

that sounds like a good idea! I have bent over backwards so if he pulls his money I will post his name to warn other people of his actions!

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like one of those people that are not interested in being satisfied. You have offered him several ways to remedy the situation even tho you suspect he is not excactly being honest. At worst he is totally trying to rip you off fraudulently (RCMP may be interested in looking into this) Possibly, just possibly, what he is claiming is true, batteries may be defective. (I had rechargeable batt's in my camera grip that worked fine then all of a sudden it seemed like there was a bad battery. Turns out slight damage to battery carrier wasnt letting batteries contact to complete circuit) But either way he wasnt satisfied with your offers. I would let Paypal know that you have done everything reasonable to rectify and he refuses. That puts it all back on him.

What if any is he holding out for other than being ignorant and hoping for a refund with paypal while he keeps your camera?

So far he has paid and received product, no crime committed. Being ignorant is not a crime unfortunately. How ever if he gets his money and keeps the camera then let the world know who and what he is. Until then dont lower yourself to his level.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should give us some hints of who it may be so nobody else sells things to him. Heck, even PM me his name.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
couldn't take a second one i see, back seat of a nova was on the small side if i remember right. :beer::d

you've met Plio..... do you really think our parents were large people????

hobbits beget hobbits.... I'm the tallest member of my immediate family until my daughter surpasses me next year..... that includes parents, siblings & grandparents....just sayin...

WTF does this have to do with a loser & a camera..... or a camera anyway:eek:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a hint.....he is on line but he is not on this thread lol

overkill131313, goodngrubby, teamgreen, Barton, Bogger+, bushboy, win, highmark x, intmid8or!, bigjeffh, Phyer Phyter, 416magnum, Kelzon, youngpolarisguy, ditchpickle, BIGFOOT

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you've met Plio..... do you really think our parents were large people????

hobbits beget hobbits.... I'm the tallest member of my immediate family until my daughter surpasses me next year..... that includes parents, siblings & grandparents....just sayin...

WTF does this have to do with a loser & a camera..... or a camera anyway:eek:

so plio was the nice one? he says he was a saint, and you was the devil, just wondering. :d:d:d:beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so Im going to say the consensious is, suck it up princess and go buy some new batteries or send the camera back and lose the shipping? and as for bogger that is a whole new thread! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom