want more power!!!

apex69

Reaction score
buy a new sled the 670 is a little out of date way better out there

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what some of the best ways to get more power from my 97 670?? what about light wieght stuff?

your best bet short of buying a newer sled is the 740 BB for significant gains, you can play around with other stuff but it is not noticeable, twin pipes may help, on the summit x cpi gives 20HP gains but im not sure if they made any for the non X

dirtbag

Reaction score
any gains would be less than getting a 800,might be getting time to upgrade.as the mod path can cost a lot...

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No replacement for displacement , buy a RT1000 Summit gobbs of power. I had a 670 twin jaw pipes on a 97 Summit. I thought I was a god with my 670 back in the day. If you can move up to a newer sled. Power is better and it will handle way better :d:beer::d:beer:

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
97 670 is a great engine, what you need to do is get some pipes,and shave the head to gain some compression. If I remember right like 20thou should do it. Those are the best for your buck. You used to be able to get a different timming valve,but im not sure witch one,its been a while since ive messed with one. First make sure the engine is tight! Remember after any engine mod theres jetting and clutching. And if you put pipes on rememeber about electrical timming should be advanced,all depending on recomendation from whos ever pipes your using.

bansheesrule

Reaction score
97 670 is a great engine, what you need to do is get some pipes,and shave the head to gain some compression. If I remember right like 20thou should do it. Those are the best for your buck. You used to be able to get a different timming valve,but im not sure witch one,its been a while since ive messed with one. First make sure the engine is tight! Remember after any engine mod theres jetting and clutching. And if you put pipes on rememeber about electrical timming should be advanced,all depending on recomendation from whos ever pipes your using.

Hey Vince
thanks for the help,
Lee Propezi

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont worry so much bout that electric timing thing. find a 501 rotary valve, get it timed by a RV guru and maybe some shorty carb boots and valve cover.

Top Bottom