Walker evans rear shock sacked

SteamJunky

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone has experienced this or not. I was riding in Vale a few weeks ago and my rear shock on my 09 D8 all of a sudden went dead. It was like the seal was broke or something, my track was touching my tunnel it was sacked so bad, and all I did before that was rid up to the cabin. Anyway I decided I can't ride like that and the people that were at the cabin couldn't figure it out and we decided it was best if I head back down the mountain. Sooo about 1/4 way back down the mountain I stopped to check on the suspension and it was like brand new again!!! I've been riding it non stop since with absolutly no issues...Someone please explain????

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
LOL i have no idea but had a bad rear shock on one of the used sleds I bought this year, an 06 M7. Found a guy here in town that could rebuild, so out come the wrenches. Took the whole unit out and down to the shop. Turned out that it didnt need rebuilding, only a recharge. Put it all back together, stepped on the running board and bang, right to the ground as if there was no shock at all. So I figured I messed up re-installing. Checked it all out and all seemed fine, but no suspension...

took the entire sled to the shock guy the next day, after a quick ride and loading in the trailer, checked it again, and nothing...

arrived at the sled shop to show the mechanic, pushed down on the rear bumper to show him how bad it was and nearly broke my arm...ROCK SOLID as it should have been. I felt like an idiot. He explained that sometimes when you take the rear apart, you need to actually spin the track to get everything back seated in place. I rode it out of the garage and into the trailer, but it was the ride in the trailer that reset it all...

I would think that a long ride like you had would have been more than enough, but what do I know...

SteamJunky

Reaction score
Thanks man, well whatever the hell went on with these shocks sounds like the exact same thing happened to both of us, I've been riding it ever since with no issues, but headin to McBride/Vale area tonight for 5 days hopefully she'll hold up!

Top Bottom