Vegas SHOOTING

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because it may be styled like an AR doesn't mean it's an AR, all AR's in Canada are restricted by name. Don't take my word for it, call 800-731-4000 and ask them.

Additionally, the following firearms are classified as restricted by
Order in Council:

- High Standard Model 10, Series A shotgun and High Standard Model 10,
Series B shotgun, and any variants or modified versions thereof, other
than firearms described in the definition of "prohibited weapon"

- M-16 rifle, and variants, including Colt AR-15, Colt AR-15 SPI, Colt
AR-15 Sporter, Colt AR-15 Collapsible Stock Model, Colt AR-15 A2, Colt
AR-15 A2 Carbine, Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Rifle, Colt AR-15 A2
Government Model Target Rifle, Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Carbine,
Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II, Colt AR-15 A2 H-BAR, Colt AR-15 A2 Delta
H-BAR, Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR Match, Colt AR-15 9mm Carbine,
Armalite AR-15, AAI M15, AP74, EAC J-15, PWA Commando, SGW XM15A, SGW
CAR-AR, SWD AR-15, and any 22-calibre rimfire variant, including the
Mitchell M-16A-1/22, Mitchell M-16/22, Mitchell CAR-15/22, and AP74
Auto Rifle.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Set aside gang violence, firearm related crimes in Canada are actually low. We are ranked #2 in the world regarding the number of guns per person. I think as Canadians we have a different attitude towards guns and towards each other. I believe it speaks wonders of our character as a whole and our respect for thy neighbor.

I'm a gun nut hands down but also big on gun safety. Perhaps it's our training programs that educate us but we do have it good here. Go to many rural communities, especially northern communities and it can be seen as a way of life, a tool as common as a axe.

We have enough gun control in Canada and our numbers speak for it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because it may be styled like an AR doesn't mean it's an AR, all AR's in Canada are restricted by name. Don't take my word for it, call 800-731-4000 and ask them.

Additionally, the following firearms are classified as restricted by
Order in Council:

- High Standard Model 10, Series A shotgun and High Standard Model 10,
Series B shotgun, and any variants or modified versions thereof, other
than firearms described in the definition of "prohibited weapon"

- M-16 rifle, and variants, including Colt AR-15, Colt AR-15 SPI, Colt
AR-15 Sporter, Colt AR-15 Collapsible Stock Model, Colt AR-15 A2, Colt
AR-15 A2 Carbine, Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Rifle, Colt AR-15 A2
Government Model Target Rifle, Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Carbine,
Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II, Colt AR-15 A2 H-BAR, Colt AR-15 A2 Delta
H-BAR, Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR Match, Colt AR-15 9mm Carbine,
Armalite AR-15, AAI M15, AP74, EAC J-15, PWA Commando, SGW XM15A, SGW
CAR-AR, SWD AR-15, and any 22-calibre rimfire variant, including the
Mitchell M-16A-1/22, Mitchell M-16/22, Mitchell CAR-15/22, and AP74
Auto Rifle.

I dunno if your confusing restricted and prohibited but you can get ARs in canada. The model dictates its classification due to the variants of lower receivers.

I can order this online.

http://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/ruger-ar-556-5-56-nato-16.html#.WdZVwEHF2Ec

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not confused at all, have a couple AR's in the safe. Beating a dead horse here. The copy and paste I posted is a quote from the legislation. AR's and variants are restricted, the add you posted shows that Ruger is restricted as well.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are aware that AR is related to the of original manufacturer and not the style

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not confused at all, have a couple AR's in the safe. Beating a dead horse here. The copy and paste I posted is a quote from the legislation. AR's and variants are restricted, the add you posted shows that Ruger is restricted as well.

Ok fair enough, I was just being sure. When I got into this discussion it was about an opinion about AR style weapons being banned.
But as you know AR "style"weapons can be non-restricted, and to the untrained eye (media)can be identified as a AR.

Like this one.
http://www.cabelas.ca/product/95148/gsg-15-22-lr-semi-automatic-rifle

My point was that arguments (stigmas)are out there that "tactical"restricted weapons are more dangerous than a standard semi auto hunting rifle, which IMO is not true. Do they need to be full auto. Nope, but they are fun to shoot. Lol

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full auto is not any more deadly than a bolt action

Have you done any CQB training or is that your opinion?
Also show me a link of a non-restricted AR platform to prove me wrong. A cool black stock doesn't make it an AR derivative, it makes it a black gun that looks cool. Tons of nonrestricted rifles out there, but none are based on the AR family, regardless if Armalite made it or not

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant find this article that I was reading yesterday but basically it said that in their theory it was extremely hard for this "senior" to pull off what he did. Since I have never shot a gun of that caliber I don't know if their theory warrants some truth to it. For example, this gun is very hard to handle shooting that many rounds and has tendencies to jam, heat up and a senior would have a very tough time holding it for 10 min. Navy Seals have to to extensive training to pull it off. The other issue they said this gun would cause a lot of smoke in the room and set off fire alarms, sprinklers etc. What do you guys who have experiencing in shooting think about this?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant find this article that I was reading yesterday but basically it said that in their theory it was extremely hard for this "senior" to pull off what he did. Since I have never shot a gun of that caliber I don't know if their theory warrants some truth to it. For example, this gun is very hard to handle shooting that many rounds and has tendencies to jam, heat up and a senior would have a very tough time holding it for 10 min. Navy Seals have to to extensive training to pull it off. The other issue they said this gun would cause a lot of smoke in the room and set off fire alarms, sprinklers etc. What do you guys who have experiencing in shooting think about this?

I think I read the same one. Another point brought up was the lack of empty shell casings in the photos that have been released. With the number of rounds he fired the floor should have been absolutely covered in shell casings, and burn marks all over the carpets.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes that was the same article.

I think I read the same one. Another point brought up was the lack of empty shell casings in the photos that have been released. With the number of rounds he fired the floor should have been absolutely covered in shell casings, and burn marks all over the carpets.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full auto is not any more deadly than a bolt action
in a situation where you are targeting one person not at all. In a situation when you are targeting many people and need to inflict damage before they can scatter or take cover the full auto will be more deadly.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Those guns were not full auto. They had bump stocks on them. They are semi auto weapons. You could even hear it in the vid, the rate of fire was not high enough for a full auto.

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Trent your gun is no different than an AR in reality. It is a semi automatic than can do exactly what those AR's did with the proper modifications. Your argument is leaking water all over the place man. Lol

I already said that. But AGAIN... For the people in the back row!!! HERE IN CANADA I can not buy a fully auto bump stock for it... and I cant put a 100 round mag in it.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
There is a difference in that an AR type gun in Canada is restricted. To be used at Gun Ranges only. In the US they are not restricted. They can be used for hunting or any other open area for that matter. That is a huge deterrant in Canada.

Bingo. And most have barrel restrictions and ALL have magazine capacity restrictions. The guns are not to blame.. And I understand the "genie" is out of the bottle it just seems a little retaded to me.. Would you be cool with your neightbour in canada sitting in his backyard cleaning a fully automatic AR with 100 rounds in it? NO? So then WHY is it ok for it to be that way in the US? Im fine with the gun's themselves but WHY make it so god damn EASY to turn them into mass killing mechanisms? It seems like such a dumb thing to turn a blind eye to. "everyones all got guns anyways... May as well let them go full retard!!!!" As soon as someone can tell me a purpose for a bump stock and a 100 round magainze on that gun ill shut up and go away..... Otherwise... WHY are the legal to purchase???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mabe he ate them lol

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you done any CQB training or is that your opinion?
Also show me a link of a non-restricted AR platform to prove me wrong. A cool black stock doesn't make it an AR derivative, it makes it a black gun that looks cool. Tons of nonrestricted rifles out there, but none are based on the AR family, regardless if Armalite made it or not

Ok so define what a AR is, I fail to see how your distinguishing the difference between AR and tactical.

Top Bottom