vancouver island

green momba

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has rode the island up by comox, the wife's parents moved there and I really have no desire to go there in the winter, but if there is some sledding to do I would be game. I mean I really want to see the inlaws ;)LOL . Any info would help thanx.

98sumitt

Reaction score
I lived out there for a year and if it does snow its usually gone in a day or two and very wet and heavy.

spikeydave

Reaction score
If they are by Mt. Washington (Comox Valley) there was some good sledding on the east side, haven't been there since '97 so not sure how much development has gone on at the ski hill. Used to be good riding around Forbidden Plateau as well it is in the Valley as well. I would definitely start a search around there for more info.

Cheers.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mid Island Snow Blazers cover south of comox, and about comox and north is another club, i forget the name off hand. I used to live on the island, sledding is decent, but not comparable to the rockies... though its usually much warmer. haha

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im 35mins from Comox,there tons of awsome riding here on the island,everything from trails,wide open slashes,to high alpine,,snows alittle heavier but we get lots,its about 20 mins from Comox to staging area,theres about 7 different areas within 1.5 hours drive that get ridin lots and most have cabins,not much for grooming down here but awsome views and never really cold,if you come down this way let me no,Ill show you around if you want.If you golf bring your clubs,ride in the mornin ,golf the afternoon.

Top Bottom